PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dayvidpriddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Transformers on HD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
windows\start menu\programs delete any icons you dont want on your home page
I must be either missing something BIG TIME or I'm completely blind! I do not see the setting you are talking about "programs" to delete any icons I don't want from the home page (windows screen.) You said to click on "windows"...I assume thats either the windows button or the start button (both do the same thing) THEN you say programs...I don't have any selection for that on my screen...I'm totally lost after the "windows or start menu" instruction.

I found this forum because I too was doing a google search trying to figure out how to remove the Transformer icon from my Windows home screen but I'm just not getting your directions at all. I've removed the quicklink, I just need it removed now from the Windows screen.

Could you pleaes be more specific if possible?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger

No he means windows as in the directory folder. You will have to either open file explorer or if you have Total Commander( which would be better) go to Windows(folder)/start menu(folder)/programs(folder)
Old 04-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Lurker

Dayvidpriddy is a n00b

Ah now I got it...worked like a charm! Why doesn't the phone just provide an easier way to ditch them? Thanks for that help man, it was driving my nuts!

BTW...any programs that are part of the OS...I take it they can't be uninstalled (such as IM clients, etc?) When I go to the apps remover in settings nothing shows up under it so I'm assuming you can't uninstall them. If so I don't understand the reasoning behind that either. There are a lot of aps on here that I will never use and I would rather free up that phone memory if possible.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
Ah now I got it...worked like a charm! Why doesn't the phone just provide an easier way to ditch them? Thanks for that help man, it was driving my nuts!

BTW...any programs that are part of the OS...I take it they can't be uninstalled (such as IM clients, etc?) When I go to the apps remover in settings nothing shows up under it so I'm assuming you can't uninstall them. If so I don't understand the reasoning behind that either. There are a lot of aps on here that I will never use and I would rather free up that phone memory if possible.
why not hardspl unlock your device and than flash to a custom which wont have any of the bloatware.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Lurker

Dayvidpriddy is a n00b

You have to realize, WM is all foreign to me, I have no idea about most of the things you advanced users are talking about anymore then I know about the moon. I don't understand what all these "advanced" things are and don't wish to get into that...I did that with the iPhone and it's just not something I wish to relive again.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger

We'll then you are going to be stuck with a lot of bloatware. All carriers do it for a reason....to try and force you to use the programs they preload. Because chances are they were paid to put it on the phone. You can go in and manually delete some of them and go through more of what you just did or you could take 5-10 minutes and flash a new ROM and be done with it all.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T-Mobile USA HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

DaveNavy is a n00b

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2235604/16688748/

Here They Are
Old 11-23-2011, 11:33 PM
Lurker