PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4g
Carrier: Sprint

paranoidname9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Help with display issue - URGENT

Hello,

I just recently received a phone from the Asurion insurance program. It appeared to be new, although Asurion mentioned that they have no idea of knowing whether the phones being sent are reconditioned or brand new phones. I have had this phone for two days, and it suffered a fall onto a hard surface from about a few feet off the ground. Before the fall, I was having issues with the display. My touches on the screen weren't precise, and it would occasionally select areas on the screen that I did not press. I replaced the screen protector, and the problems seemed to cease. However, a few hours after the fall, I began to notice a certain area on the display that my phone seemed to press. As in, I started off a game to try and pinpoint the spot, and the android seems to believe that there is something pressed down on the upper left hand corner of the screen. This becomes very frustrating when typing, for it will consistently move my cursor to that area, and interrupt my typing. Does anyone know if this is an issue caused by the fall, or if this was in fact a faulty display and I would gain something by sending it back to Asurion?

Thank you for your help.
Paranoidname9
Old 01-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

More than likely the replacement is a refurbished unit. Either way, call Assurion and have them send you another phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Tags
asurion, display, error, shift, urgent