PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 05:09 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck
[10-11-11][ROM] gingerbread-shift-deck [1.3][2.3.7][Stable]

Hey all. Been a while since my last release of anything, which was sense based, but I really wanted to start learning android and have a better perspective of it. I decided to dig a bit more into compiling android. Started horsing around with github and learned to start compiling my own builds from aosp wih the help from cmsrc, evervolv, and a few others githubs. Since the release of gingerbread to aosp, i moved away from sense. There are things that i do miss about sense, but the usability of the phone without it is just unmatched imho. Many people use or have used cyanogenmod. IMHO is a great open source project that has some of the best devs out there. I have always been more into the 'vanilla' look opposed to the themed and aftermarket. Recently i have been compiling gingerbread for the evo and mt4g and have had nothing but the best reviews. Basically the reason why i am here. Wondering if there was any interest in a few of my builds. Main reason from moving away from CM6/7 (cyanogenmod), ADW launcher and the extra added bloat(sorry) and themes. Battery life will always be one of my main concerns. Everything should work!

1.3 build is based off 2.3.7. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.35 (thanks cm team).

1.2.1 build is based off 2.3.4. (Thanks cm team) and cm kernel 2.6.35 (thanks cm team).

*!* By downloading any files, ROMs, and or apks, you verify that you have the appropriate licenses for all software contained within *!*

l assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your phone.

Before flashing your phone, please make sure you are completely rooted.
For information about rooting, please go to:
{GUIDE} Perm-rooting the HTC EVO Shift!!! Recovery added - xda-developers

Special Thanks to: CyanogenMod Team, and Team Win, where most of the source came from, preludedrew and evervolv team, which helped me tremendously get my feet off he ground with android. And the originals, Calkulin, No2Chem, GGuruUSA, Colonel00, Conflipper, AstainHellbring, LennySH, NexVision, CLHatch, Chainfire, JooJooBee666, and Polargoat for putting up with me for many years and always helping me out.

Donations are VERY much appreciated.

Want to donate but dont have any extra money? Check out some of our site's sponsors at http://www.dev-host.org

For updates, news, and my gibber jabber, please follow me @kushdeck on twitter..
We now have an irc channel. Please join us @ #gingerbread-deck on freenode..

*Latest Downloads* Please help support your dev, check out our site's sponsors. Thanks.
gingerbread shift 1.3 Stable
Gapps 8-28-2011
Gapps 8-28-2011 with Voicemail

*Official thread and ALL Downloads*
*Issue Tracker*
*Changelog*

*Install Instructions*
1. Reboot into recovery.
2. *optional* make a nandroid backup.
3. Wipe Everything.
4. Flash gingerbread rom zip.
5. DO NOT REBOOT YET.
6. Flash gapps zip.
6a. Flash Kernel *if you are using a custom kernel*
7. Reboot.
8. Enjoy gingerbread!

Enjoy,
-deck

FREE file hosting. UNLIMITED bandwidth. NO wait times. YES, 0 wait times. UNLIMITED downloads.

Last edited by deck; 10-11-2011 at 11:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck
Re: [5-28-11][ROM] gingerbread-shift-deck [1.2r][2.3.4 Beta]

1.2r is up! I have spent so much time on the ns4g, i was neglecting my other phones :P Please help support this project, check out a few sponsors site's when downloading.

*Issue Tracker*
*Changlog*

I hope you all enjoy.

-deck
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [5-28-11][ROM] gingerbread-shift-deck [1.2r][2.3.4 Beta]

Fantastic ROM, deck. Loved your stuff for the TP2 and now for Android. The only problem I've had with this is glitchy landscape mode in the launcher.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Threadstarter

Re: [6-1-11][ROM] gingerbread-shift-deck [1.2t][2.3.4 Beta]

1.2t is up! Many Many fixes. i some need testing! Please check the changelog. Please help support this project, check out a few sponsors site's when downloading. I hope you all enjoy, and i really need some feedback on this version t. Enjoy!

*Issue Tracker*
*Changelog*

-deck

Last edited by deck; 06-01-2011 at 10:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

NIce job Deck. Was a last minute "for the hell of it" flash, and not very long as i'm on a roadtrip and needed familiarity. Plan to reflash it tonight and will give more/better feedback. First impression- very nice job!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawinkley View Post
NIce job Deck. Was a last minute "for the hell of it" flash, and not very long as i'm on a roadtrip and needed familiarity. Plan to reflash it tonight and will give more/better feedback. First impression- very nice job!
Update- computer geek brother in town, with his Droid X 2 (or something) Was talking about how fast it was, and ran a quadrant score of 1900. My GB sense Evo Shift clocked in at 1200. He gave me crap. So I flashed deck's GB masterpiece, and promptly hung a 2300 on him. Then cranked up the clock and showed him the 2800+... lol. LOVE this rom!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Threadstarter

Re: [6-6-11][ROM] gingerbread-shift-deck [1.2w][2.3.4 Beta]

1.2w is up for testing. Hopefully the bootloop 'should' be gone. looked like an issue with the new kernel. can someone give a test and let me know if this fixes it? thanks.

*Issue Tracker*
*Changelog*

-deck
Old 06-07-2011, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: [6-6-11][ROM] gingerbread-shift-deck [1.2w][2.3.4 Beta]

I still got stuck on the android screen with 1.2w deck. Tried both ways... over 1.2t and with a complete wipe/clear cache/dalvik

Edit: wiped cache/wiped dalvik, installed 'w', installed gapps, installed x99kernel-cm7-20110530.zip and then reboot and it booted up (got past android screen to android setup). Got a bunch of fc's (calendar app, etc) so just went to recovery and 'fixed permissions (what the hell... Im a noob).

it's up but application Sprint Updater fc, closed to get past it and so far all looks good. just for what it's worth

Last edited by dawinkley; 06-07-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Threadstarter

Re: [6-9-11][ROM] gingerbread-shift-deck [1.2w][2.3.4 Beta]

1.2w is up for testing. *updated 6/9/11* Hopefully the bootloop 'should' be gone. new kernel. can someone give a test and let me know if this fixes it? thanks.

*Issue Tracker*
*Changelog*

-deck
Old 06-09-2011, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: [6-9-11][ROM] gingerbread-shift-deck [1.2w][2.3.4 Beta]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
1.2w is up for testing. *updated 6/9/11* Hopefully the bootloop 'should' be gone. new kernel. can someone give a test and let me know if this fixes it? thanks.

*Issue Tracker*
*Changelog*

-deck
1011am cent time- downloading now... update in a bit

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo Shift 4G