PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC: Touch > TP > TP2 > EVO 4G > EVO 3D
Carrier: USCC moved to Sprint

Earmuffs is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO Bright Spots and wrong threading in sms

Soooooo..... I got my EVO July 9th and decided to replace it just outside of my 30 days. I had this big arse bright spot in the lower middle quarter of the display. I got my replacement unit through Sprint and compared screens in boot loader (for the nice bright white) and bam the old one looks like crap and the new one was great. My first EVO had 3-4 bright spots this replacement after ~1 month has six and the same big diagonal bright spot in the middle lower quarter it's about a half inch long and an 8th inch wide. Sprint is sending me my third EVO and I just want to know if this is a common issue?

Also my txt threading is messed up I think I have seen elsewhere it happens while roaming. Any fixes?

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere I have not seen it.

K thnx bai!

Sent from my HTC "EVIL" 4G using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: EVO Bright Spots and wrong threading in sms

yes its a common issue its known as the "b" spot. since its at the "b" button if the keyboard was opened.

not sure what you mean by threaded text problem. there are sometimes issues w/ typing a text message and right before hitting send, the reciepent changes to someone else..
Old 11-01-2010, 12:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

cuellarm is a n00b

I have the b-spot issue on my phone too.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I feel left out.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

call HTC support.. tell them you have a bright white spot and light leakage, you'll get a RMA number and a place to mail the phone. they will replace the lcd and overnight the phone back. you just have to pay shipping.

not all sprint service centers are replacing this issue.. some say its 'cosmetic'.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earmuffs View Post
Also my txt threading is messed up I think I have seen elsewhere it happens while roaming. Any fixes?

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere I have not seen it.

K thnx bai!

Sent from my HTC "EVIL" 4G using Tapatalk
I have the text messaging problem as well when I'm roaming the messages are like 6 hours ahead of the time they should be. (example it's 9am and the text message will say 3pm) I've posted a few threads on here before but never got much feed back.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

DreadfullyDespized is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to DreadfullyDespized Send a message via AIM to DreadfullyDespized Send a message via MSN to DreadfullyDespized Send a message via Yahoo to DreadfullyDespized

I posted a topic about the issue with froyo 2.2 on evo phones where the time stamping is off compared to mms picture mail sending and receiving.. well sending isn't the issue but receiving is.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Woah! don't call HTC call sprint they drop a unit in the mail you get it in like a day or two and then you put your unit in the return mailer.

All free! Just s-on tool then flash stock rom from zip on SD to clear your BS and root and what not before you ship it back. I always make sure the new phone has a rootable OS before I restore the old one. Rather have root and bright spots than no root

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

nautalis is just getting started

I have three bright spots on my 002. The screen lifting and light leakage is growing. I bought my wife a white Evo, and although the screen color is nice, the new process to root the new hboot seems a little risky. I'd rather deal with my bright spots and have full root than not.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautalis View Post
I have three bright spots on my 002. The screen lifting and light leakage is growing. I bought my wife a white Evo, and although the screen color is nice, the new process to root the new hboot seems a little risky. I'd rather deal with my bright spots and have full root than not.

I have the insurance on my phone 4 bucks for insurance and 4 bucks for total assurance. The second 4 bucks gets you in store phone service and used to get you advanced replacements by phone).

If you don't have it on your plan just go online to add it (or call but don't tell them you have a pre-existing issue) and go into the store like a month later. leave it on your plan you cant re-add after removal and I have used it like 6+ times in a little over a year. For me they will fix pretty much anything that is not a total loss. For a total loss (water shorted or lost phone) you need to go the insurance replacement with deductible route.

My phone has received excellent service

NOTE: Call the COPORATE store (only they service phones) ahead of time. Don't identify yourself or your account. Ask to speak to the in store technical consultant and ask them personally if they are root friendly. I have had good experiences. Worst case I nandroid backup EVERYTHING, S-ON tool, flash (from hboot) newest stock rom AFTER removing recovery.img and hboot from the stock rom zip. Do a factory reset before taking it in this way they have no excuse to run an RUU on it and ruin your root. Now you have nice mostly stock, and stock looking phone to take in. After they are done then you flash the s-off zip, wipe everything, run nandroid restore and you are golden

I found a fix for the SMS issue if anyone still has it
all of these apps work well

- SMS Timestamper Fix - Reptile Soft - http://goo.gl/7n64v
- SMS Time Fix - Matthew Precious - http://goo.gl/LRhJB
- SMS Sent Time - Johannes Zweng - http://goo.gl/4Hnm4

Last edited by Earmuffs; 09-20-2011 at 04:06 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G