PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

saturnsl94 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Location Data Issues

I am a newbie and currently running Calkulin EVIO 2 Rom v1.8 but I have had the same issues with other roms including MikG 1.03/1.04 and Myn warm 2.2. My location service does not work and thinks I am always at coordinate 0,0, off the coast of Ghana. As a result I have to set my time manually or it is wrong. My GPS location works but obviously any application that uses cellular data for location is inaccurate. The roaming triangle shows up almost all the time and I also have problems making and receiving calls and texts.

I have found that if go into the mobile network settings and change the mode of operation to auto from EVDO OnlyIt will fix my location, calls and text issues temporarily but then it switches back to evdo only and I have the same issues again. When I have it set to auto however I only get 1X speeds or data errors in areas that have EVDO and my data averages about 20 kbps down and 20kbps up which is essentially unusable. Interestingly enough when I have it set back to EVDO only I get average data speeds of about 2000 kbps down and 700 kbps which is very very fast for Sprint in my area.

Below is my current settings but I have had this same issue doing full wipes and trying different Roms, PRIs, Kernels, PRLs, Etc:
I have also tried Updating my profile but it didnt help either.

Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.15-natarchy-toastmod-4.1.9.1-cfsroot paris-laptop #7
Software 3.70.651.1
PRI: 1.90_003
PRL: 60679

NetMonitor gives me the following information:

Operator: 102 0 ()
Carrier: -
Type: EVDO A
NID: 0 BID: -
Signal: -120 dBm

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated???
Old 06-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Location Data Issues

If it was me, and I have had a lot of the same issues as you, I would call Sprint and see if there are any issues with towers in your area, I have a semi broken tower and sometimes the phone works great, and others it won't get a signal or anything and sometimes I won't get voicemails, texts or emails until I make a phone call out and that's when I'll get all of that stuff.

I have called and talked to Sprint so much about this issue that they sent me an Airwave free of charge, might be an option for you if you call and complain and tell them no they didn't fix your issue when asked if you will give them a good customer service rating.

Supposedly my tower is on the fritz until the end of the month and this tower has had issues for a few months now, Sprint needs to get off there ass and get more towers up or whatever so that this crap doesn't keep happening.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
data, evdo, evo, location, sprint