PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon is SOOO MUCH faster than Sprint...

it's almost sick. it's like 10x faster and available in more spots. What's going on with sprint?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi
Re: Verizon is SOOO MUCH faster than Sprint...

I heard that when Sprint put all that $$$ into clearwire that they didnt specifically say that all this money goes to making more 4G spots. So Clear took some of that money an started opening up stores and making more of their devices an things like that. So sprint didnt get its 4G network opened up like it should have been. Sucks but now that they just put like a billion dollars in Clear i hope they said here this is only for our 4G!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

luckyzac is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, I'm pissed because Detroit is still without Sprint 4G and my friend has Verizon LTE that averages around 20 mbps... WiMax won't get close to that

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Yeah, it sucks but right now Sprint is going through a lot of changes such as converting all of their 3G and 4G towers in their Network Vision plan or something like that. Hopefully we start to see drastic improvements in network quality. A year ago Sprint's service was on par with Verizon's at a fraction of the price, now the savings almost don't seem worth it.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo
Threadstarter

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work

yeah we did a speed test and i'd get 3mbps and he'd get 27mbps.

wow. our pings were pretty close i was 110ms he was 90ms.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Moment/Evo 4G

Phase202 is a n00b

Clear is working on 4g LTE and from the speed test i saw it was brillant. . Dont know if you guys saw the post on here a while back. But who knows when we'll see that on our devices. SMh
Old 05-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

one thing to consider is Verizon hasn't really had a lot of users on their 4g network yet. I stopped by their store the other day and the manager admitted that the speeds will drop a good bit once they have more lte devices on the network. the thunderbolt in the store was clicking around 23mb down which is amazing, mine was around 6mb in the same spot. I hope Sprint makes the right moves going forward. if not, they are screwed imo.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

The pricing alone is the reason I stay with Sprint. Verizon is like buying gas now, way to high for the same product.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Nexus S 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcausnjtown
The pricing alone is the reason I stay with Sprint. Verizon is like buying gas now, way to high for the same product.
Agreed... I have no speed issues with sprint's 4g. I do everything I want on spcs 4g network (Videos, Netflix) etc. Not to say that big red's lte 4g isn't faster.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kb112 is a n00b

I think I just need more towers in my area, period. It seems like the EVO brought so many peeps to Sprint the network is just bogged down. I roam on Verizon PRL's at work, because the data connection is so damn slow for Sprint at my office.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G