PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Will the Evo 4g be replaced by the Evo 3D in stores, or sold at a lower price?
The Evo 3D will replace the sales of the 4G 3 20.00%
They will be sold along side each other, with the 4G at a reduced price. 12 80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: Sprint

airibis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to airibis
Price drop?

So with the coming release of the Evo 3d, do you think it will completely REPLACE the Evo 4g? Or do you think the 3D will be sold along side, bring down the retail price of the 4g.

If the later, then what do you think the price will run for one off contract?

I have a deal right now $280 for a white Evo 4g to replace my TP2, but this is still a little steep for me atm.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work
Re: Price drop?

the 3D has the USB on the side, deal breaker for me. Seriously, I hate that about the blackberry. I do not want that on a new phone. and 3D, meh. I would have taken a better camera and video editing.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think the EVO 3d will cost more and the EVO 4g will stay at $200.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Threadstarter

airibis is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to airibis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
I think the EVO 3d will cost more and the EVO 4g will stay at $200.
That's what I'm hoping does not happen :-/

I prefer the 8mp camera on the 4G than a less quality 3D camera. I am still one of those people who have not made the "3D jump" and think it's a short distance off from a novelty.

I am perfectly fine buying a used Evo 4G, I'm just hoping once the 3D comes out I can barter my way down to under $220 bucks, or find someone who is willing to take a xbox 360 trade, or an e-cig with 4 years worth of cartridges for it.

Blahh
Old 04-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by airibis View Post
That's what I'm hoping does not happen :-/

I prefer the 8mp camera on the 4G than a less quality 3D camera. I am still one of those people who have not made the "3D jump" and think it's a short distance off from a novelty.

I am perfectly fine buying a used Evo 4G, I'm just hoping once the 3D comes out I can barter my way down to under $220 bucks, or find someone who is willing to take a xbox 360 trade, or an e-cig with 4 years worth of cartridges for it.

Blahh
The 5MP camera on the 3d has better hardware than the 8MP on the evo. MPs don't mean all that much if you have a low quality lense

Tapa tapa tapa
Old 04-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
The 5MP camera on the 3d has better hardware than the 8MP on the evo. MPs don't mean all that much if you have a low quality lense

Tapa tapa tapa
Yeah, people see 8MP and 5MP and automatically think it is worse without doing any research. Unless people are printing their pictures as posters then they may want 8MP. People are deciding on what phone to pick because of the 8MP and 5MP camera. I think that's just silly.

Last edited by rushco; 04-10-2011 at 03:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G