PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

nickg88 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just rooted my HTC Evo using unrevoked.com need help with a ROM

so i finally just figured out how to root my phone..so now that i have it rooted im not really sure wat to do? i know i want to install some kind of custom ROM to be able to do the things i wanna do like get free apps, overclock n underclock, wireless tethering, complete customization, things of that sort.. but the problem is i have no clue where to start since im very new to this and unexperienced.. so if somebody could point me in the right directions and throw me a few suggestions it would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: Just rooted my HTC Evo using unrevoked.com need help with a ROM

go take a nap!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
You sohould start with all the sticky post to get started. There is a lot of info there...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nickg88 is a n00b

i dont know what that means...
Old 04-05-2011, 02:28 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
All your answers are in the upgrade section. Good luck!

Cooler than your EVO
Old 04-05-2011, 03:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

read all of this
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...roms-wipe.html

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 04-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

nickg88 is a n00b

so is there any possible way to progam an evo for free service??
Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickg88 View Post
lol are you serious??? no your not going to get free cellphone service, but what you will get for free is a great community that will provide you with a lot of great programs to help you customize your phone and get the most out of it.

you need to start small and work your way up, your original question was about rooting the phone, start there and read a lot and then watch some youtube videos and then root your phone and then find a great custom rom that works for your needs.

remember that a lot of this stuff is free, but feel free to donate to the developers that make these programs, skins, themes, and ROMs, it shows appreciation for what they do and entices them to make more, good luck and enjoy.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Wink Re: Just rooted my HTC Evo using unrevoked.com need help with a ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickg88 View Post
Sure!! I do it all the time.

What you have to do is buy two EVO. Then you tie a string between the phones, say 30 ft. Hand the phone to your "talk-buddy" and tell him/her to walk away until the string is stretched taunt. Now have him tug on the string. Did you feel it at your phone?? Didn't cost you a thing. Work on some codes like 2 tugs for 'Yes' and 3 for 'No'.

For texting, you write a note on a 3X5 card and hang it on the string with a paper clip. The sender has to hold his phone a lot higher then the receiver and the card will slide down the string. The receiver reads the card and then writes a note back. Note: for full duplex, you will need to run two strings.

Once you get this down pat, check back in and I will fill you in on free ring tones. (you can whistle, right?)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
Sure!! I do it all the time.

What you have to do is buy two EVO. Then you tie a string between the phones, say 30 ft. Hand the phone to your "talk-buddy" and tell him/her to walk away until the string is stretched taunt. Now have him tug on the string. Did you feel it at your phone?? Didn't cost you a thing. Work on some codes like 2 tugs for 'Yes' and 3 for 'No'.

For texting, you write a note on a 3X5 card and hang it on the string with a paper clip. The sender has to hold his phone a lot higher then the receiver and the card will slide down the string. The receiver reads the card and then writes a note back. Note: for full duplex, you will need to run two strings.

Once you get this down pat, check back in and I will fill you in on free ring tones. (you can whistle, right?)

when did you undergo this transformation
cracking jokes that are actually funny

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
custom rom, htc evo rooted