PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

charleslongsr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery going from full to half full

Ok guys, I was having an issue with my battery or atleast I thought it was my battery. I would charge my phone and it would be full. After some usage, nothing major and maybe 30 minutes it would be sitting on half. It hasnt been like this and I have had the phone for almost a year. Well, I have replaced the battery with an extended life battery and it is doing the exact same thing. So now I am thinking that the issue may be in the rom. Just so that im clear, it will appear to be full 90-100 then all of a sudden drop to half full. Any suggestions or should I just call sprint up?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: Battery going from full to half full

I had a similar issue and everyone thougt I was joking. My phone would go to 80% and stay there. I was getting record battery life. The only problem, that after a reboot, it would be at 30%.

Indeed, it was the Rom. Reflash and replaced.

My problem now is deciding whether the battery is half empty or half full.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Touch Pro & Diamond & Evo
Carrier: BoostMobile

Kodak X is keeping up the good workKodak X is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I had a similar issue and everyone thougt I was joking. My phone would go to 80% and stay there. I was getting record battery life. The only problem, that after a reboot, it would be at 30%.

If you are charging the phone it should be half full, i think, not sure, lol
I'll thank you, I care.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

the phone, o/s, and battery do not agree what 100% & 0% actually are. let fully die, until the phone will stay on less than a minute. then fully charge. (preferably while off, then without unplugging boot into the o/s until it reads full as well)

also if you only ever use the top 50% then it will wear out quicker than the bottom 50 so the bottom will work better than the top.
there are times when my phone will survive a day on less than 5%. that's how I know it's time to calibrate again.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

charleslongsr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post

Thank you for your reply. I think its the ROM also, as stated before. I normally let the phone get low before placing the phone on charge, but I started let it run to the point of shutting off. Nothing changed with doing this. My question now is should I just do a hard reset or just flash to a new rom? I have one app that I am really concerned about other than that one app, I could care less about the rest. I just want longer battery life, which is why I replace the old battery. (Besides thinking that it was bad)
Old 04-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

I would reflash the rom and wipe the battery stats and I would also try a different kernel.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm rooted but all stock (never replaced with any other rom) and this was happening on my original battery so I purchased the seidio 1750 extended battery. At first, my batt life was acceptable and lasted all day then all of a sudden...BAM...50% within just a few hours. I have recalibrated my batt, charged while OFF, killed running apps manually (I don't use task killers) to no avail. I noticed though, Qik and fancy widgets keep popping back up like a bad pimple and the new lookout update added new processes which may be contributing to my bad battery performance. I don't know though, I guess I'll keep killing the processes or I'll unroot, wipe, and start from scratch to see if that takes care of my problem. Regardless, this is unacceptable battery behavior.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G