PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

carlitos is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got an useless evo dont knw what to do

I got a brick with me (useless evo) why: Idk ik here i go i was trying to flashd a zip, stock rom but the evowhile flashing the zip appears on the screen like a lot of dots different colors n continue with the zip. Then i turn it off. Turn it on well i try but didnt turn on it doesnt show a sign of life, i chance the battery with a fully charged one and nada. So i been with this evo like a week now and idk what to do with it. Throw it away burn it break it or what. Or theres a place where it can b fix n how much do u think it will cost me to fix it... Thanks in advace

Last edited by carlitos; 03-11-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Got an useless evo dont knw what to do

take battery out for about five minutes.................put battery back in, then press and hold the top power button and volume-down button...........hold those two until the bootloader screen appears (hopefully it will), then choose "recovery"
Old 03-11-2011, 06:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
take battery out for about five minutes.................put battery back in, then press and hold the top power button and volume-down button...........hold those two until the bootloader screen appears (hopefully it will), then choose "recovery"
i try that lot of time and dont work. its dead. like dead... completly dead like having a real brick jaja.. no matter what button i press nothing comes on
Old 03-11-2011, 06:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
i try that lot of time and dont work. its dead. like dead... completly dead like having a real brick jaja.. no matter what button i press nothing comes on
how long ya had it? i take back epics that are in same state with no insurance that are past 30 days and get replacements. where ya live cause my sprint guy will do it w/o a problem and im sitting in his store now.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
how long ya had it? i take back epics that are in same state with no insurance that are past 30 days and get replacements. where ya live cause my sprint guy will do it w/o a problem and im sitting in his store now.
thats like my back up phone. it was on cricket network so idk taking it to sprint would help.. n i try to flashd the stock zip cuz theres was a thread saying that puting the stock rom would put it back to sprint so i did but just killd my phone. so i jjst trying to find if there another place where i can take it n how much would they charge me ... ?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

back in the summer during one of my flashing of a custom rom, my did something similar...........I had to hold down the power button/volume down button for five minutes to get it to come back on..........but it may not work for you.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
back in the summer during one of my flashing of a custom rom, my did something similar...........I had to hold down the power button/volume down button for five minutes to get it to come back on..........but it may not work for you.
for 5 minutes? pressing those buttons down? damn that like an eterbity holding down those buttons r u joking or u for reals? mm ima try it n c whats up
Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

it didnt work holding it for 5 minutes
Old 03-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is it past its 30 days? If so, put a price tag on it and sell it. Maybe someone will buy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
it didnt work holding it for 5 minutes

Old 03-11-2011, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

a few pieces are still missing from this puzzle

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G