PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Re: Any1 else tired of their HTC EVO?

Go buy an iphone? NEVER! I'm not trying to offend anyone because I do still like my evo but a guy at my job got the LG Optimus 2x (no 3g runs on edge only) and that thing is super nice! So please allow me to re-ask my question...

Lets say (theoretically) that a new HTC Evo 2 came out with a better screen (lets say super amoled), dual core cpu, better battery life, and more ram. Also it keeps all the cool things we like about our current evo ie front cam, kickstand, runs like a champ, 4g etc.

Would you be willing to shell out the clams? I would.

Last edited by jimmiekain; 02-25-2011 at 09:46 AM. Reason: correction
Old 02-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

haven't had my Evo but for a few months so it's still pretty new to me, no way that I would give it up for anything else that Sprint currently has, to me nothing else comes close, now if they came out with the Evo 2 then I would think about it but this one is still new, what your going to have to realize is that no matter if it's a car, computer, phone or whatever your always going to buy it and love it one day and then something newer is going to come out the next and your going to want that, I'm satisfied and staying put for now.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
haven't had my Evo but for a few months so it's still pretty new to me, no way that I would give it up for anything else that Sprint currently has, to me nothing else comes close, now if they came out with the Evo 2 then I would think about it but this one is still new, what your going to have to realize is that no matter if it's a car, computer, phone or whatever your always going to buy it and love it one day and then something newer is going to come out the next and your going to want that, I'm satisfied and staying put for now.
True... its probably just me. I get bored with things quickly. And I agree... nothing sprint currently offers interests me at all.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

For now the first generation snap dragons are still quite usable, with the current ROM versions, there is nothing that really requires faster processors and more RAM. Currently the specs are more than enough (I even use SetCPU to downclock to 620~ish MHZ to save on battery, and the fact the performance for normal usage is pretty much the same). Dual core is relatively useless currently and just primarily for bragging rights. Now if it was an improvement in battery life without increase in size, I'd be on board, but for now it's just fine.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Love mine. I will only change for Evo 2 (depending on when it comes out and what improvements it would have).

Maybe more internal memory like Droid X and the duel processor so I can officilly use netflix on it.

Other than that, a happy camper
Old 02-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

My girlfriend has the epic and while I do like my evo better I am jealous of her camera.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Best phone/smart device I've ever owned by far

But...

I am ready for something new. The new Motorola sounds killer! I want a dual core.

PS - after a year, I still want a hard keyboard. It's not the tactual feedback, its about screen geography. The soft keyboard obscures half the screen.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

lazyboy0172 is keeping up the good worklazyboy0172 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lazyboy0172 Send a message via MSN to lazyboy0172

I'm not tired of my evo, but I am tired of the software. looking at the thunderbolt, I'd like a bigger kickstand and 4G that actuallly works, but more than anything I'd like the new Sense, maybe some gingerbread, and just some optimizations. i like the custom roms with these features but want the option of 4G, HDMI, and FFC. Time should fix this woe though, as without another flagship android device coming soon, sprint should update the evo at least for a little bit.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

nope, love it still....had tp2, palm pre and tp1....evo kicks all thier butts imho
Old 02-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Wirelessly posted (HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

It's simple, if you didn't like it, you shouldn't have bought it. You had thirty days to decide......worst case, buy something different. Imho...

Give some

Last edited by OR78; 02-25-2011 at 06:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo, new phone, replace