PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 03:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any one know of better browser than the stock one

I'm starting to hate the stock browser.

It just doesn't size right when you double tap zoom.

Is their and alternate browser that works better. I like that it's fast and flash works but I'm so tired of zig zagging down a column of text to read it.

It happens on multipe sites but not all.

I have mobile view off. I hate when Mobile View is on. I think it may behave different with mobile view on but I don't like a lot of Mobile sites.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Any one know of better browser than the stock one

I have been using xScope since the beginning. There is a free version and a paid version in the Market. Try it, you may like it.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I have yet to run into any problems with the stock browser... But I know several people who swear by Opera Mini.

I'll give a shot eventually.
I'll also try xScope as the Rainfreak suggests.
p.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I'll also try xScope as the Rainfreak suggests.
If you try it, you'll like it. And that isn't a request.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Do a search for Dolphin browser.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
If you try it, you'll like it. And that isn't a request.
I trust you my friend....
I'll try it AND like it. No doubt about it.
p
Old 01-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
Do a search for Dolphin browser.
I personally like xScope much better than Dolphin browser. xScope is quite a bit faster and has more functionality, IMHO.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I'm starting to hate the stock browser.

It just doesn't size right when you double tap zoom.

Is their and alternate browser that works better. I like that it's fast and flash works but I'm so tired of zig zagging down a column of text to read it.

It happens on multipe sites but not all.

I have mobile view off. I hate when Mobile View is on. I think it may behave different with mobile view on but I don't like a lot of Mobile sites.
I find when I tilt to landscape and back to portrait (or vice versa) it sizes correctly. I think it is just a matter of repainting the canvas.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have tried Opera Mini, Dolphin HD, Dolphin Mini, Miren, Sky Browser (Chinese & English), SkyFire, and few others that I forgot their names...

I like the Dolphin mini browser best. Follow by the Dolphin HD. Reminds me of Firefeox.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i have been using miren and really like it.

Miren Browser - Android app on AppBrain

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G