PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2
Question Phone charging question

I have been on wall charger all day. Playing Live Hold'em Dragon play poker. Phone acted like it wasn't charging so I reset the cable earlier. Now it just shut down on me. So I unplugged it took the battery out and reseated it then plugged back into charger. Now the orange LED is flashing....what does this mean? I had the brightness turned almost all the way down and decent 3G signal where I sit. I am on stock battery with Juice Defender and Advance task Killer.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Re: Phone charging question

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I have been on wall charger all day. Playing Live Hold'em Dragon play poker. Phone acted like it wasn't charging so I reset the cable earlier. Now it just shut down on me. So I unplugged it took the battery out and reseated it then plugged back into charger. Now the orange LED is flashing....what does this mean? I had the brightness turned almost all the way down and decent 3G signal where I sit. I am on stock battery with Juice Defender and Advance task Killer.
when my led is orange that means it charging.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Blinking orange light usually means you have a message... Have you checked that?

I would just leave it plugged in for a while to see if the battery takes a charge.
p.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

actually i believe its blinking green light for message

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 01-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Were you using the stock charger?? The Evo requires alot of juice to charge it and if you were using it while charging then you might have been draining instead of charging. Alot of after market chargers put out .5 or less amps so they will only charge if the phone is not being used. My wife used her bluetooth charger on hers once and even with the screen off it drained the battery because the output of the charger was so small.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Why are you using Juice and ATK together? Actually, why are you using ATK at all? Uninstall that app.

I was charging my phone from the car with the cigar lighter charger (sold by Sprint). I was running the Navigator also. When I disconnected my phone, I noticed it was hot. I checked the battery temp and it was 107F. That was the first time I had ever seen my phone over 100F.

I rarely run the Navigator and I assume the current draw was much higher than normal. Also, their is little to no regulation in a cigar lighter charger, I would assume.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G