PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

divineazn716 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
backup program like microsoft myphone?

Hey, i was wondering if anyone knew of any program like how windows used microsoft myphone to backup sms contacts and such and such? please let me know if anyone knows anything like this so i can delete my texts and back up my contacts as well? thanks!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: backup program like microsoft myphone?

I don't know of a cloud-based solution exactly like MyPhone, but I highly recommend Titanium Backup, it's basically the defacto backup app at this time... there are free and donation versions available in market.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Google sync is the closest you can get to myphone. Or use lookout app. There is also htcsense.com which right now is only available to 2 phones and will be available for the new htc inspire 4g for att which was announced at ces. Hopefully other htc phones will get the new htc sense update.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

s4audi is a n00b

You can also save all your contacts and calender events to your google account. Just make sure you are saving your numbers and events to your google account.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There is a Best Buy free app that does what myphone did but I can't remember what its called, something like MyQ.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / E4gT / MoPho

treotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good worktreotraveler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by divineazn716 View Post
Hey, i was wondering if anyone knew of any program like how windows used microsoft myphone to backup sms contacts and such and such? please let me know if anyone knows anything like this so i can delete my texts and back up my contacts as well? thanks!
Your Calendar and Contacts are backed up to your Google account, correct?

You can backup your SMS text messages to your card and view them while on the card with SMS Backup by n2manage. Or you can back them up to your Google account with SMS Backup by Christoph Studer. Both are in the Market...
Old 01-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

MyBackup has the option to backup online and can be setup to automatically backup.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:10 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo1965 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

MyBackup has the option to backup online and can be setup to automatically backup.
+1

MyBackup is a great app, there is 3 versions.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 PM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
There is a Best Buy free app that does what myphone did but I can't remember what its called, something like MyQ.
Here is the link: FREE backup of phone contacts, texts, photos, and more :: m:IQ

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G