PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro 2
Carrier: sprint

jayare29 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
help

Ok heres what happened I unrooted my phone to get the update, got the update, rerooted went into boot loader recovery one time and my phone crashed. Now every time I power up into bootloader it says s-on and it will stay on in bootloader, but If I start into regular operating system it last two minutes goes black screen, vibrates five times, and green LED flashes. Also when powered up it wont mount SD card or connect to pc. I have got a replacement coming from sprint but if I could get this one working again it would be nice for a project phone.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: help

seen this before is your fone hot?
let is set for awhile to let it cool or put in a plastic with rice(raw rice so theres no moisture in the bag ) in the frig for about five mins ( i list like to firg cuz if it works after 5mins in the frig its more then likely a heat issue )

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 01-04-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

???? Project phone???? You do know that when you receive your replacement phone you have to return the other one to Sprint or they will charge you $600 for the phone don't you?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

TravisW0204 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare29 View Post
Ok heres what happened I unrooted my phone to get the update, got the update, rerooted went into boot loader recovery one time and my phone crashed. Now every time I power up into bootloader it says s-on and it will stay on in bootloader, but If I start into regular operating system it last two minutes goes black screen, vibrates five times, and green LED flashes. Also when powered up it wont mount SD card or connect to pc. I have got a replacement coming from sprint but if I could get this one working again it would be nice for a project phone.
It sounds to me like you missed a step somewhere in the rooting process if your security says S-ON. What method did you use to root? I say try rerooting again. You haven't bricked it if you can get into recovery.

Next time there is an update you probably should wait until one of the Devs cooks up a deodexed or odexed rom. They are usually good with them when updates hit. Most, if not all, have their rom up and running within the same day as the update or usually a couple days later. It doesn't pay to unroot unless you are having an issue and its never wise to unroot for an update that usually brings minor changes.

Last edited by TravisW0204; 01-04-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare29 View Post
Why would you even go through all that to get the update when in almost all cases any update would be rooted and ready to flash on the same day?

Old 01-05-2011, 06:00 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Since there is a thread about and for helping you root Im shutting this down. Also Lets leave the MODing to the MODs please.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G