PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titanium backup MOVE TO SD not working..

I hope someone can help. I have been using TITANIUM BACKUP PRO on my EVO with the MOVE APP TO SD for apps that FROYO 2.2 doesnt automatically detect it can move to SD. It has been working fine.... UNTIL this past week when I would try to move an APP to SD and it says it is moving it but nothing happens and it doesnt move (it still shows I can move it to SD in TB PRO). Any app designed for moving to SD with APP2SD FROYO works fine. Can anyone tell me what I can do to get this feature back working? I am using SPRINT LOVERS ROM and one of the ne battery life KERNELS.. I thought it might be the kernel I flashed so I flashed back the stock kernel. SAME ISSUE. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling TB PRO but still same issue.

I did post this on the forum for TB PRO support and was told it was sent to the developer but I have heard nothing and really need to get this fixed.

Any help would be appreciated....
Old 12-26-2010, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: Titanium backup MOVE TO SD not working..

I'll test on mine.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I'll test on mine.
OK. This has been working fine but not anymore. I really need to fix this as I can not update apps from the market because I need to move them to internal, update them and move them back. these are apps that FROYO doesnt move to SD but TB does.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:56 PM
VIP Member

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I am on 3.6.5 and I just moved an App to the phone and back to the the SDCard. No problem.

I don't regularly move mine that way. I use App2SD but someone else has been saying they are having trouble with TB lately so I have to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20101226_214900.jpg (4.8 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
I am on 3.6.5 and I just moved an App to the phone and back to the the SDCard. No problem.

I don't regularly move mine that way. I use App2SD but someone else has been saying they are having trouble with TB lately so I have to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Did you move an app that APP2SD says it can move? I am using the TB feature for one reason...

The reason to use this is for APPS that FROYO cant move to SD but TD will move them. There are a LOT of apps that work fine on SD but the author has not build in the froyo move to SD so you need to use TB to force them to SD. I need to get this fixed so I can update APPS I have moved.. YOU HAVE to move them back to internal, update them and then move them back.. I cant move them back...
Old 12-26-2010, 11:03 PM
VIP Member

Okay, I will try that. I used to do that.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Okay, I will try that. I used to do that.
OK.. I bet it works for you but I see others in different forums with my issue..

Does anyone know where titanium backup stores the apps it moves to SD?
Old 12-26-2010, 11:23 PM
VIP Member

Okay, this is what I see. I ran App2SD to create a list of apps on the phone that it believes cannot be moved. I went into TB and the first 3 or 4, it would not even offer to let me move. Then I found Terre Time (a memory hog) and the MoveToSD menu option was enabled. Ran it and it told me the app was transferred to the Card.
I went back in and re-ran Apps2SD and listed all the apps on the phone but Terre Time was still there. I closed that and went to Settings, applications and pulled it up. In this list, it said it was on the Card. I believe it in on the Card.

Just make sure you don't update when in this mode.

I am on Azreal 3.0 (3.7) and Asop Kernel
Old 12-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Okay, this is what I see. I ran App2SD to create a list of apps on the phone that it believes cannot be moved. I went into TB and the first 3 or 4, it would not even offer to let me move. Then I found Terre Time (a memory hog) and the MoveToSD menu option was enabled. Ran it and it told me the app was transferred to the Card.
I went back in and re-ran Apps2SD and listed all the apps on the phone but Terre Time was still there. I closed that and went to Settings, applications and pulled it up. In this list, it said it was on the Card. I believe it in on the Card.

Just make sure you don't update when in this mode.

I am on Azreal 3.0 (3.7) and Asop Kernel
confused? I am talking in regards to apps that the move2sd from FROYO 2.2 isnt there. I have to use TITANIUM BACKUP to move them. is that what you are talking about? I tried to use TB to move the app but even after moving, it still has the OPTION to MOVE to SD so I know its not moved.. this used to work...
Old 12-27-2010, 01:17 AM
VIP Member

I can't get to where you are at. That water has already gone under the bridge. It may be a versioning issue. You may just have to reload from the market and move them to the SDCard again. It does work for me.

I think TB is more selective about the apps it will move to the Card. I used to be able to move Son of Glory but now it won't even offer me the chance. Possibly, the coders asked that they ne excluded.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G