PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turning off phone and SMS

I stream the talk-radio to my phone and bluetooth is to a headset in my helmet while riding the Harley. I keep the phone on a charger in my saddle-bag. All goes well until I get a call. Even if I don't take the call, I never get my radio back unless I stop, shut down WonderRadio and restart it. That really sucks.
Sometimes the same happens with incoming text but not as bad.
I know the problem is really with WonderRadio but since I have no control over them, I would like to have a way to shut off the phone but still retain a data stream. Kind of like Airplane mode with data.
Is this possible?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:32 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Turning off phone and SMS

dunno about GA, but in MI, its illegal to drive with headphones in both ears, no matter the vehicle.... I find this equally appauling given all the rights motorcycle riders beg for....

Riding a motorcycle is extremely dangerous due to lack of attention from fellow motorists, nice to know riders arent paying attention either and cant even hear me honk my horn due to wearing headphones...

Dont you think paying attention on the road, in an already dangerous/less safe mode of transportation, is more important instead of listening to the radio?? maybe next time that rider splattered on the pavement on the news could be you???

just be careful man!
Old 12-10-2010, 01:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Have you tried turning the ringer and notifications off? I think they hijack the audio, so perhaps turning them off will work
Old 12-10-2010, 02:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

turn on airplane mode then turn on bluetooth or use tasker

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G