PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wetbar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
block texting

Hey is there a way to block a text from a number or numbers at the push of a button. The problem I am having is everyone want to use my phone, and I am scared a private text will come in while they have the phone. Even if they are on the net the text pops up at the top of the screen.

Thanks fot the help.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:05 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: block texting

if you dont have the phone, then you cant push the button...

if you get notified of the message to dismiss it, havent you already recieved it? lol

but actually answer you though, different calling blocking apps probably have sms blocking as well.. but itd be an app youd have to start(and already have your block list set up)..

so as effectively as your asking for?? no, not really
Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Sulten is just getting started

If you dont want people seeing the txt you are recieving have you tried Handcent SMS? i know you can add a number to block and it wont show up in the thread as the sms but the txt is there once you unblock it.

the only fallback is that it will go to the orig sms txt app on the phone. i guess you could turn off the notifications to it.

.handcent.com/Faq.php#TAG_USEBLACKLIST
how to add people to unblacklist:
1. check the option ("settings"->"security & privacy"->"show black list" , handcent will ask for password if you set password before)
2. return to handcent main window,you will find the blacklisted thread (people) shown and has grey background
3. long press the thread that you want to unblacklist ,choose "unblacklist" at the context menu
Old 12-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

mhowell031 is a n00b

I've tried several call and text blockers and the top two for me are, (#1) Advanced call or sms and (#2) CallFilter, both are found on the Market. The reason i rank advanced call or sms #1 is because once a number or group of numbers are set to be blocked, you have to enter a passcode to view the log of which number has been blocked and its content (sms).
Old 12-09-2010, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

rn4emp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rn4emp

I use afirewalls they have a lot of ways to block your calls and sms. This is a very good program. and has a very good security program so no one can use it

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G