PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Fr3sh2De4th is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo Stuck (Read Bricked) & No Info Known!

Got this evo yesterday && the slaes man told me 2 just root it if I didnt want to pay the $30 tether fee...so I was following This ([GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G Outdated - xda-developers) Guide Up until I got to where I should restart my phone with the PC361IMG.zip & my phone did it, but after it did the root part i& it was supposed to reboot A Phone comes up with a red Exclamation point...

I have no idea what build / version / radio I was on. All I know is I was on Aandroid 2.2 I have an SD card reader so I can get the files between my phone & my computer without the computer recognizing my phone (which it isn't , neither is the charging light) So I dont't know where to begin to restore/finish the root.

Any Suggestions? Also Could I take it back & be like "the rep suggested it"
Old 12-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Evo Stuck (Read Bricked) & No Info Known!

Gee, the title of the tread says that its outdated info and you chose to use it anyway. Way to go! Now lets see if we can help. First thing you have to do is get to the boot loader so we now what hboot you have because that determines which way to proceed. If your phone is still sitting there locked up remove the battery and then reinsert it. Hold the volume down button and press power. When it enters the boot loader find the line that says Hboot, if it's Hboot 2.02 go here and hopefully you will fix your phone: [ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02 S-OFF - Like a Boss Edition! - Updated 11/20/10 - xda-developers

If its not hboot 2.02 report back with any other info you can tell us about the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Easy Noob. Phones are not bricks, as long as lights come on. Do a little research and someone will get you through this. At the end of the day, your phone will be cruising and you will be wiser and happier.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3sh2De4th View Post
Got this evo yesterday && the slaes man told me 2 just root it if I didnt want to pay the $30 tether fee...so I was following This ([GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G Outdated - xda-developers) Guide Up until I got to where I should restart my phone with the PC361IMG.zip & my phone did it, but after it did the root part i& it was supposed to reboot A Phone comes up with a red Exclamation point...

I have no idea what build / version / radio I was on. All I know is I was on Aandroid 2.2 I have an SD card reader so I can get the files between my phone & my computer without the computer recognizing my phone (which it isn't , neither is the charging light) So I dont't know where to begin to restore/finish the root.

Any Suggestions? Also Could I take it back & be like "the rep suggested it"
Unplug your phone from your computer when you reboot your phone....

Or it could also mean you dont have a recovery on your phone you'll need to find EVO-recovery.zip file somewhere...google it.

Last edited by TREmp77; 12-05-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Fr3sh2De4th is a n00b

OK for some reason It wont let me go to Hboot. Everytime I pull the battery & turn It back On when I hold down -(power & vol down) it doesnt do anything different, it just goes to the phone with the red exclamation (but if I let go & press vol up & power it says "Android System Recovery <2e>

It also says "E:Cant Open /cache/recovery/command

So I think TREmp77 may be right. I'll try & find a recovery until someone replies...

EDIT:

LOL it worked the very next time I tried lol. Ok HBoot-2.02.0000 is confirmed so I'm going to continue with cruise350's instructions. Now to See if that method works. Thanks Guys I knew I came the right place

Last edited by Fr3sh2De4th; 12-05-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Fr3sh2De4th is a n00b

Okay I was FOllowing the instruction on the guide post & now my phone is stuck at the "htc evo 4g screen" (it has a white background). So now I'm lost. I didnt see anything referring to this issue in the FAQ but I'm gonna go double check...

EDIT

DIdnt find anything on the first forum & I've come to the concllusion that I dont have the correct (or any for that matter) drivers installed for this to work. SO now I'm following http://htcevohacks.com/htc-evo-hacks...or-htc-evo-4g/ right now & I'm at the point where the drivers are installing. WIll let yoou know what comes of this

Last edited by Fr3sh2De4th; 12-05-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

You survive?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G