PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i need help real bad with my EVO 4G

This is exactly why the sticky on rooting your phone needs to be changed. If you can find some one with an old phone that hasn't yet been rooted I'd be surprised. All the noobs are popping on here, getting directed to the sticky by people that rooted their phones months ago with old method and then they brick their phones. There should be a huge bold face sticky that says if you got your phone in November or after STOP!!!!!!!!! Don't root using the old method or unrevoked. Your phone needs special handling.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Note 3
Carrier: sprint

kasey348 is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: i need help real bad with my EVO 4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
This is exactly why the sticky on rooting your phone needs to be changed. If you can find some one with an old phone that hasn't yet been rooted I'd be surprised. All the noobs are popping on here, getting directed to the sticky by people that rooted their phones months ago with old method and then they brick their phones. There should be a huge bold face sticky that says if you got your phone in November or after STOP!!!!!!!!! Don't root using the old method or unrevoked. Your phone needs special handling.
I never see any phone brick I try to brick my but still works if you read you can fix any problem there is solution for those think they brick there phones and pay to much money for fix something simple i'm 100% sure if you brick you're phone you can fix it
Old 12-03-2010, 11:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

We should get HTC to put a special label on the box.

Warning - rooting this phone using the wrong method could render your device suitable for masonry. Do not root will driving or operating hazardous machinery. Pregnant women should not root upon the onset of labor. Rooting while consuming alcoholic beverages may result in a more enjoyable rooting process.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey348 View Post
I never see any phone brick I try to brick my but still works if you read you can fix any problem there is solution for those think they brick there phones and pay to much money for fix something simple i'm 100% sure if you brick you're phone you can fix it
True, most of these phones that people have messed up while using the wrong method to root can be straightened out in the long run. But not by a noob and not without alot of help. Have you not noticed that just about every other post these days here and on xda Q&A have been people stuck on the boot screen, or in a boot loop, or the dreaded 5 vibrates. This is because they don't do any research before they start or the info is out of date. If I was a noob and just got my phone and came to ppc geeks I would see the first post about rooting and start following the directions and before long my phone would be crap and I wouldn't know how to fix it. There is no mention yet or detour to follow for people with the new hboot or camera hardware. The old methods and unrevoked don't work on the new phones and there needs to be a big DO NOT ENTER sign or something so people won't be led down the wrong path to root.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ZackHdz23 is a n00b

Reaper 215 any luck yet? Im running into the exact same problem. I cant get my phone to reboot just stuck in recovery mode.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackHdz23 View Post
Reaper 215 any luck yet? Im running into the exact same problem. I cant get my phone to reboot just stuck in recovery mode.
A liitle more background. What did you do to get there?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, evo 4g boot fail, evo 4g update fail, htc evo 4g