PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 11:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bharris25 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird

So I flew up to Denver from St. Louis the other day and I've noticed that the battery life on my Evo is sucking compared to back home. Whether on WiFi or not, my battery on standby is only lasting around 9 hours but back in St. Louis I can go a couple days on standby. I use juice defender and it makes a huge difference back home but doesn't make any difference here. I'm running stock not rooted 2.2. Just thought it was weird seeing if anyone else has noticed this. Going to shut off my phone and charge while it's off to see if that makes a difference. I can't imagine it has anything to do with the altitude but who knows.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Weird

Its probably signal strength or lack there of. When ever your in a weak area your phone searches more often for a good signal which causes increased power drain.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Could have been your PRL , list of towers was not working for you causing phone to keep polling looking for tower. Try updating PRL when doing out of state .
Old 11-27-2010, 12:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

bharris25 is just getting started
Actually after I charged it while the phone was turned off it was back to normal with battery life. I'm guessing it had something to do with the altitude messing with the cells in the battery but I'm just speaking out of my ass...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2010, 10:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharris25 View Post
Actually after I charged it while the phone was turned off it was back to normal with battery life. I'm guessing it had something to do with the altitude messing with the cells in the battery but I'm just speaking out of my ass...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
If you were not in Airplane mode while on your flight, your battery life would nose bomb. At 450 MPH TAS, your phone phone would be beating itself to death trying to acquire a tower.

I have forgotten to shift to Airplane mode and in a three hour flight, my battery was drained.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
altitude, battery life, denver, evo 4g, st. louis