PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

burowyako is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: STUCK ON WHITE SCREEN OR vibrtes 5 times n died

Are you able to get into recovery at all?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

carlitos is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burowyako View Post
are you able to get into recovery at all?
sometimes i can get into recovery sometimes not. But i tried lot of things like restore a bck up . N when restoring the phone just reboots in the middle of the restore. Wat ever i tried reboots in the middle of watever i doin

Old 11-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Lurker

burowyako is a n00b

I have rooted a couple of EVO's but I don't have a clue why everything works the way it does if you know what I mean. Some of the people in these forums blow me away with how much they know and I honestly admire them and thank them for their efforts. You may want to double-check this recommendation before you do it, or somebody please put in their two bits as well before I brick Carlitos's phone.

Having that little disclaimer said, I was helping a friend reboot his new EVO the other night. I ran into this very same issue where I tried booting the phone into recovery and the phone vibrated multiple times and then wouldn't boot at all. However, I could power on the phone and it would stay at the HTC EVO 4G white screen without ever going anywhere.

The steps that I followed to resolve this issue are in the same root guide that I followed found here. What I recommend to do is to download the hboot202-s_off-V71.zip that can be found at the top of the thread. Extract that file to another folder that can be easily located on your computer. After the files are extracted, go to the new folder that you just created and open the pc36img folder. From there, rename PC36IMG-MR.zip file to PC36IMG.zip. You will need to somehow get that file moved to the root of your phone's SD card. I had to use another EVO as a card reader but it worked like a champ. Either way, get that file moved over.

After you have copied the file over, with your phone off, press and hold the volume up key while pressing the power key. Continue to hold the volume up key until you get into bootloader. It should see the PC36IMG.zip file and load it. Don't worry if there are some errors on there. Select "Yes" when it asks you to update and then select "No" when it asks you to reboot.

From there, start at Step 10 in the tutorial that I linked you to and give it a shot. You will need to open a command prompt with the directory set as the new folder that you just extracted everything to. For example, if you extracted the files to a folder on your C drive called EVO, you will want your directory for the command prompt to be C:\EVO.

Start plugging away and see where you get. Good luck!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

jajaja ok i did what you say rename it n installed it. n i follow step 10 when it say go into recovery n i will c the red triangle? but guess what. i didnt see any red triangle i went directly into recovery then it reboots again and again until the 5 short vribrates.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Lurker

burowyako is a n00b

Good grief...I gave you the wrong steps and apologize. Delete the PC36IMG.zip file that's on your SD card right now. Go to the folder on your computer with the extracted files, rename the PC36IMG-ENG.zip file to PC36IMG.zip and throw it on your SD card along with the PC36IMG-MR.zip file. Select "Yes" for the update and then "No" to restart. Then, start at step 10 in the tutorial that I linked you to and see where that gets you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I did that n now when i choose recovery instead of the red triangle i got the white htc screen
Old 11-22-2010, 12:01 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
sense i cant find error coeds from qualcomm i going by pc error codes not really actuate but it all i got

so maybe a board issue

5 Short Beeps Your motherboard is complaining. Try reseating the memory and rebooting. If that doesn't help, you should consider another motherboard. You could probably get away with just replacing the CPU, but that's not too cost-effective. Its just time to upgrade!

5 short beeps Processor failure: The CPU has failed.

so either way 5 of anything isnt good

so maybe thats why you cant keep recovery

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 11-22-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hopefully warranty will replace, I believe you've already done a replace with Assurion.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Lurker

burowyako is a n00b

Carlitos,

Where are you at with this? Has any progress been made?
Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Hopefully warranty will replace, I believe you've already done a replace with Assurion.
hey there well its seems that it got fix damn was bout time.. first i thougt it got brick cuz i got stuck on htc screen n not able to go no where else. but i flash the RUU 3.29 but it was like bfore stck on the white screen or rebootng issue i was searching over google found a thread with almost the same problem i flash some zips over n over until i was able to get insede the rom, u knw home screen. but reboots couple of seconds so i left it one day woth out do anythng n rote now i got home turn it on n im using it idk for how long but im still messing with it.. let see for how long oh n thnaks to all u guys for the help ... im not forgetng boyt the thnaks button dnt worry hahaha

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G