PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: SPRINT

carlitos is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
STUCK ON WHITE SCREEN OR vibrtes 5 times n died

ok this is what happens. i had an evo flashd to cricket. i was looking everywhere in the web to flashd it bck to sprint network.. i found a thread where said that running the original RUU will work. so i run the RUU. when finish reboots my phone and instead to so the normal thing. vibrates 5 times n died. i took the batt off then put it bck in press the power button. n does the samething. sometimes stays on the white HTC EVO 4G screen..
i use the recovery to flash a custom rom but still the same some one can tell me what else i need to do or somethng? thnks for your help

Old 11-18-2010, 08:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: STUCK ON WHITE SCREEN OR vibrtes 5 times n died

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
ok this is what happens. i had an evo flashd to cricket. i was looking everywhere in the web to flashd it bck to sprint network.. i found a thread where said that running the original RUU will work. so i run the RUU. when finish reboots my phone and instead to so the normal thing. vibrates 5 times n died. i took the batt off then put it bck in press the power button. n does the samething. sometimes stays on the white HTC EVO 4G screen..
i use the recovery to flash a custom rom but still the same some one can tell me what else i need to do or somethng? thnks for your help
so you can see hboot? if so is s-off?
and when you load the stock ruu that should have removed custom recovery
Old 11-18-2010, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
so you can see hboot? if so is s-off?
and when you load the stock ruu that should have removed custom recovery
i got S-off
when i ran the RUU removed the recovery but i flashd it back again.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:00 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
i got S-off
when i ran the RUU removed the recovery but i flashd it back again.
try loading rom from hboot use this one its in pc36.img format

DOWNLOAD
MIRROR
[All-In-One Update, INCLUDES Updated Baseband & Wimax Radios + PRI 1.77_003, Uninstallable apps]

it has pri included so it should put you back on sprint network
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
try loading rom from hboot use this one its in pc36.img format

DOWNLOAD
MIRROR
[All-In-One Update, INCLUDES Updated Baseband & Wimax Radios + PRI 1.77_003, Uninstallable apps]

it has pri included so it should put you back on sprint network
let me try it. i let u know wats up. but mm do u think that would fix the rebooting thing whhen vibrate like 5 times then died,?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:11 PM
N00b

Quote:
let me try it. i let u know wats up. but mm do u think that would fix the rebooting thing whhen vibrate like 5 times then died,?
will my thinking is the ruu either had a bad write to system or something around those lines cuz if the ruu worked correctly your phone should have shown s-on if it did work right
Old 11-18-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mmm. so once u run the RUU the s-Off goes to s-ON? i thought stays OFF no matter what
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 PM
N00b

no if you run a ruu you lose root
Old 11-18-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
no if you run a ruu you lose root
MMMM.. SO THAT ONLY APPLIES FOR UPDATE? TO STAY s-OFF?
OH N I RUN THE ZIP N ITS BEEN ON THE HTC EVO 4G ALREADY FOR LIKE 15 MINS
Old 11-18-2010, 09:49 PM
N00b

Quote:
MMMM.. SO THAT ONLY APPLIES FOR UPDATE? TO STAY s-OFF?
OH N I RUN THE ZIP N ITS BEEN ON THE HTC EVO 4G ALREADY FOR LIKE 15 MINS
so did the pc36 from hboot? or u flashed like a rom?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G