PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 06:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ironliver316 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reboots when trying to write to system!!!

I noticed a couple days ago that for some reason I wasn't able to write files to the system anymore. I tried using Root Explorer to copy some ringtones from the sdcard to the system, which I've done plenty of times, when I hit the mount r/w button, the phone reboots. So I figured I'd try to reflash (I needed to update anyways) So I backed everything up with Titanium Backup, reflashed, and nothing. Still rebooting in Root Explorer, but what's even worse now is Titanium Backup can't write to the system either. When I try to restore anything, it just reboots. I have s-off and typing "su" in Android Terminal changes $ to #. I hope someone can help, I really need my stuff restored.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ironliver316 is a n00b
Re: Reboots when trying to write to system!!!

Nevermind, found the problem. Redownloaded busybox in Titanium Backup. Didn't think that would have had anything to do with root explorer, but it fixed that too.

Last edited by ironliver316; 11-07-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: mis-spelling
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I'm glad that you were able to fix the problem and appreciate that you posted your resolution for others to see, should they run into the same problem.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You do not need to write ringtones to system. Put on storage card and phone woll picup those. I did this for Droid rigtones and noticaction
Old 11-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
You do not need to write ringtones to system. Put on storage card and phone woll picup those. I did this for Droid rigtones and noticaction
You do if you want your phone to use those ringtones when your sd card is mounted like when your connected to a computer.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ironliver316 is a n00b

Exactly what cruise350 said... And the music player was adding them into my music when they were on the sdcard.

Yeah, the only thing that sucks is I guess Titanium backup couldn't even copy data from the system at that time either. I backed everything up right before I flashed yesterday, and it said the process was complete, so I didn't double check. But when I restored everything, all the files were from 10/21, the last time I backed up before the problem. Lost all my progress in Crush The Castle and I was kicking ass too. LOL. And all my new text messages, which really gets under my skin for some reason.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G