PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 12:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tethering crawling with flash-able 10/16 update?

Has anyone else noticed a considerable usb/wireless tethering speed decrease after updating with the latest 10/16 official RUU?

I thought it was my signal, but another EVO without the update ran just fine.

I tested by restoring an older back up just to see if it made a difference. It ran nicely. But when I restored to the latest updated backup tethering is slowed down to a crawl, practically unusable...

Gonna try wiping to stock and applying the full RUU instead of using the "odex, rooted, flash-able .zip" to see if that makes a difference.

-CC

EDIT: CLEAN WIPE install results...

Last edited by clockcycle; 11-01-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Tethering crawling with flash-able 10/16 update?

Average since i went from wm tp1 @ 2-2.5m to this with evo. Got evo 1 week after launch. The phone is slow no matter what color you paint it. Indy yellow with flames and the look of paint peal from speed wont make it faster. Only those getting 4g have speed. Sprint, the now network. Now if only you had 4g. Bastards.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I almost always gotten 1k-2k transfers, tethering is very usable at that speed. But lately, since 4G has been turned on in this area, 3G has been SLOW..

Thing is that 4G isn't widespread here, sporadic at best..
Old 11-02-2010, 01:16 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Mine has been kinda iffy too... had me wondering if they throttled me for downloading too much or something.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G