PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 11:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: New Cyanogen 6.1 available

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
and one more thing, then i'll stop hijacking this thread. honestly, i don't want to be a member of dozens of sites just to download roms. it makes no sense. i like the idea that if a rom is advertises here, then post a direct link here. otherwise, don't advertise it here.

in this particular case, i'm not certain that Cyanogen even is a member here. i know others have posted links to his rom because it's a really good rom. so while in my little pea-brain mind, it's different from the old indagroove situation. i still don't like having to be a member at his site just to get his download.

if there's another way to get it. can someone please let me know?
You should be able to download from the mirror without any registration.

TeamDouche Mirror System
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network
Threadstarter

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
You should be able to download from the mirror without any registration.

TeamDouche Mirror System
Thats pretty sweet. I like sense too much to jump to this...damn
Old 10-28-2010, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Thats pretty sweet. I like sense too much to jump to this...damn
ever try launcher pro? you can make Cyanogen roms look very much like sense roms. obviously things like Footprints won't work. And atm, 4g doesn't work but hell, most of us don't have 4g in our areas any way.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Master Kimosabi
Threadstarter

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Its not the sense clock I care about (but fancy widgets is back), I like having all of my contacts have all the info including current fb pictures (fb for sense?). And I hate the google dialer way too much (ex. cant press call twice for redial and while inputing letters, name doesnt pop up)
Old 10-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Master Kimosabi
Threadstarter

I have 4g and never use it. It kills battery and makes the phone lag. His roms are super sweet....

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Its not the sense clock I care about (but fancy widgets is back), I like having all of my contacts have all the info including current fb pictures (fb for sense?). And I hate the google dialer way too much (ex. cant press call twice for redial and while inputing letters, name doesnt pop up)
Actually, the FB app does a better job of syncing the contact pictures and info on CM6 than what sense does. Just plain and simple. A friend changes a picture, your fb app syncs (or you sync it manually), bam, its changed. Some contacts for me would never update the picture on sense.

The type in name dialing stuff pissed me off too...but then someone told me about the hitting the search button in the dialer, start typing in the name and wamO, you got the same thing on CM6.

I'm a fan of both Sense and CM6, not a fanboy, just stating the facts jack.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mclife is becoming a great contributor

I use Dialer One on CM6 (free app). It is very similar to the stock dialer, but adds the feature of auto search for contacts when dialing. Works great for me.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

no 4g no thx...
Old 10-30-2010, 12:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I have pretty solid 4G and use it all the time. Don't see batt drain. I suspect when it is spotty, that is the drain.

Will wait for 4G

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G