PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sd card mounted and read only......anyone have any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus3000 View Post
My phone wont give me the option to format sd using the phone. That option is greyed out. IM COMPLETELY LOST HERE IVE POSTED ON MANY DIFFERENT BLOGS AND I CANT GET AN ANSWER. Something must be wrong with my phone. I cant install apps anymore, my computer doesn't read my sd card when I connect it to the phone, and I always get a red exclamation point saying my sync is unavailable right now check back. This all started when i tried to transfer all my user apps to the sd card using titanium backup.
It stopped in the middle of the transfer, now it hasn't been the same since. I did a nand restore reformatted sd card using computer, rebooted and problem is the same no different. Am I doing something wrong? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant even update data profile or update my prl!!!!!
well i dont know if this will help but this is a more detailed explanation...

Go to you recovery, either by holding down the power button and choosing to reboot into recovery (only if your phone is rooted) or turn off you phone and hold the volume down button and hold down the power button till your hboot loads. Then choose recovery and then usb-ms toggle. Connect you phone to your computer and you should be able to open you sd card through my computer. Transfer all files to your computer, then toggle off usb-ms toggle and reboot your phone.

At this point either try going into phone and try to unmount and mount your sd card over and over till it allows you to format the sd card. if not, try wiping the data/cache like a factory reset via recovery so when you reboot your phone you will have to setup your accounts again. Hopefully after you do a factory reset of your phone, you are able format your sd card.

I hope this made sense and you are able to accomplish what you want. If you cant understand what im saying ill try again
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

roofus3000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
well i dont know if this will help but this is a more detailed explanation...

Go to you recovery, either by holding down the power button and choosing to reboot into recovery (only if your phone is rooted) or turn off you phone and hold the volume down button and hold down the power button till your hboot loads. Then choose recovery and then usb-ms toggle. Connect you phone to your computer and you should be able to open you sd card through my computer. Transfer all files to your computer, then toggle off usb-ms toggle and reboot your phone.

At this point either try going into phone and try to unmount and mount your sd card over and over till it allows you to format the sd card. if not, try wiping the data/cache like a factory reset via recovery so when you reboot your phone you will have to setup your accounts again. Hopefully after you do a factory reset of your phone, you are able format your sd card.

I hope this made sense and you are able to accomplish what you want. If you cant understand what im saying ill try again
I appreciate your reponse but everytime I try to unmount sd card it force closes. Something is seriously wrong with my phone. I just need someone with a similiar problem like this or I someone knows why this is happening. Again i appreciate your attempt in trying to solve this.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsane View Post
Yeah I did all the above last night trying to clear the error.......solution finally was to copy all contents of the card to a folder then re-format the long way through Windows and reinstall my files back to the card......and presto everything is cool again.......looks like I will stick to the cable from here on out, transferring 7.5 gigs back and forth really cuts into my nap time......lol.....thanks for all the advise.....
just wondering if you were rooted. and if so , could you have possibly tried using root explorer to set the read setting and then swap it back?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

roofus3000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11 View Post
just wondering if you were rooted. and if so , could you have possibly tried using root explorer to set the read setting and then swap it back?
i figured it out. When I used titanium backup to move apps to sd my sd card wasn't format to fat32. when I deleted a few apps off of my sd card, that were greyed out on my applications settings, everything went back to normal. That was crazy how that mistake effected alot of important things on my phone. Yes I was rooted. I could not even connect to my cpu via usb with this problem. It was horrible. I hope if anybody has this problem they read this because I went through a lot to solve this problem.I had to go to titanium's forum page to get this solved. Thank everyone who attempted to help me tho.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus3000 View Post
i figured it out. When I used titanium backup to move apps to sd my sd card wasn't format to fat32. when I deleted a few apps off of my sd card, that were greyed out on my applications settings, everything went back to normal. That was crazy how that mistake effected alot of important things on my phone. Yes I was rooted. I could not even connect to my cpu via usb with this problem. It was horrible. I hope if anybody has this problem they read this because I went through a lot to solve this problem.I had to go to titanium's forum page to get this solved. Thank everyone who attempted to help me tho.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Sun1914 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Sun1914

O guys..its my turn.
SD card format FAT32...check
read in another blog to run chksdk E: /f....check
connected sd card via phone to PC and ran virus scan...check
connect sd card via card reader into Pc and ran virus scan...check
Copied files to PC and reformatted SD....check (but for some reason files were still on SD card...windows claims it was completed though)

I have pretty much done all I have read and can think of with no success!!! I know theres something I'm missing but I cant seem to get my SD card out of Mounted Read Only. I am rooted and using OMJ's 4.6. Some where inbetween trying the new GB and then flashing back to 4.6 I got the pop up Mounted Read Only blah blah blah. (Oh yeah...I used AppSaver to tranfer all my apps to my SD card before I flashed back to 4.6) This happened when I tried to DL his new GB 2.1 rom. I'm not blaming the roms of course just noting what I did.
Reading through the blogs...I am also guilty of removing my sd card without unmounting it.

As of now...the Sd card is back in my evo...I can access it from the phone and when connected to PC but I can not add anything or delete anything from it. Can some please help me.

I'm at work so theres not much I can try on these PC's but I'll find a way if theres any suggestions as to how to solve my prolem. I really dont care for anything on the SD card...I've copied the files on my home PC already I just dont want to spend money on a ne SD card if I dont have to. HELP!!! code 10!! Pimp down!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
card, evo, read only, sd, sdcarderror