PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 01:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

okiedokieiguess is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung extras on evo?

I just saw a review of a samsung android phone and it had its own extra on top of android like we have sense so is there a way to put it on the evo? Id like to try it out.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
The ui? Touch wiz? I think I seen a theme similar to that not sure..ui is ugly btw lol

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Samsung extras on evo?

I used my friend's captivate. I have 2 words: 2.1 and SLOW!!
There is no reason for his phone to be so slow. There is so much crapware on that thing. He played with my EVO and wondered why his wasnt so snappy. I assured him that once CM6.1 comes out for Samsung devices, he will have it

Display was perdy though and battery is way better even with mine being undervolted. The UI is way harder to customize and you are stuck with certain layouts
Old 09-21-2010, 02:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

okiedokieiguess is a n00b

I definitely don't want to slow my phone down, it just looked neat.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:33 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Trust me, after 5 minutes with this Fascinate i have right here, you start to hate touchwiz with a passion that burns so deeply to your core that satan himself envies the irreverence of the flames. As they quickly grow and caress your heart, the flames burn hotter and grow to a magnitude that can only be described by god himself.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:04 AM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Trust me, after 5 minutes with this Fascinate i have right here, you start to hate touchwiz with a passion that burns so deeply to your core that satan himself envies the irreverence of the flames. As they quickly grow and caress your heart, the flames burn hotter and grow to a magnitude that can only be described by god himself.
^^what he said
Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The biggest slowdown on the captivate is the partition used for the memory...while theoretically you can port TouchWiz I am not sure if anyone will actually port it as there are many choices for UIs...overall though for me I use TouchWiz UI and have no issue with it...but thats up to preference..

For one though its not as bad as bradart makes it out to be lol..but then again his version is loaded with Bing/Verizon crap.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Master Kimosabi

Well after 2.2 it may be good but I found it very subpar compared to the snappiness of sense

Last edited by aman1127; 09-22-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:09 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Well after 2.2 it may be good but I found it very subpar compared to the snappiness of sense
It kinda has to do with how samsung for some reason decided to use their own filesystem rather then the one that is suggested to use for Android..hopefully they will fix it in the next patch. On the Epic they put TW2.5 instead of 3..sacrificing some features but I have yet to have it lag once personally. I would have your friend apply a lag fix for his captivate as it helps a bit.

Overall though TouchWiz is a pretty simple UI..it doesn't bring much features to the table other then some extras like MobileAP and etc...but as a Skin I think its ok...
Old 09-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Master Kimosabi

If you have an EVO, I came across this while updating my thread:

[Android 2.2 Froyo] EVO-OLOGY SENSELESS ROM v1.0 For The EVO 4G (Epic 4G Theme Port with Touchwiz Home Screen) With many app and tweaks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G