PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
swapping phone back to Sprint , want to unroot (go stock) by SD

I have to take my phone into be swapped out because the charging port is screwed up which also makes it a pain to link with pc. I want to flash back to a stock unrooted rom but from sd card . Can anyone here help me out with one that works from sd card or can tell me where to look?The key is doing it all by SD which I havent seen . I have only seen people doing it with HTC Sync

I am just reading my post. I must have been brain dead when I posted first time. I want to UNROOT and flash back to a stock rom but from SD. I have not seen this covered without using HTC sync. Can you still do this from sd card ?

Last edited by lefty11; 09-02-2010 at 06:59 AM. Reason: typos
Old 09-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: swapping phone back to Sprint , want to reroot(go stock) by SD

Try emailing your files to phone it will ask if you want to install on sd card. Make sure they are on root of phone.
Sorry I think you were in a reboot. Did you try to tahe out battery and then hold volume down then push power. That might get you were tou want. Sounds like a bad place you are in be careful.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo 4g LTE
Carrier: SPRINT

downsouthballa is becoming a great contributor

go to youtube.com Search root Froyo 2.2... and there u go...
Old 09-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

cant you navigate to the rom page with the internet on your phone and download the rom you want? With astro or somethign similar you could put the rom on the root of your card. Then turn the phone off. Hold down the volume down and press power. Keep the down key pressed till it loads up in recovery. then flash the rom you downloaded.

Simple as that inless your problem is something else and I am not understanding it.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Dl the stock rooted rom(check cdma upgrade section)then with a file manager put the rom on root of sd card,boot into recovery (power off phone then hold vol down and hit power button) choose flash zip from sd card and select the file.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor
Re: swapping phone back to Sprint , want to unroot (go stock) by SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
Dl the stock rooted rom(check cdma upgrade section)then with a file manager put the rom on root of sd card,boot into recovery (power off phone then hold vol down and hit power button) choose flash zip from sd card and select the file.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
How do you unroot though? That will just put a rooted stock rom on your phone. I'd kind of like to have this on my SD card just for the future in case something happens and I need to send my phone back.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G