PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't Delete Texts.

There is one thread that will not delete no matter how many times I try. It takes about 10 seconds to load up when I click on it and about 5 seconds for my text to populate when I send one. I try to delete it but the Message app Force Closes...then when I try to reopen my Messages ALL my text threads have been deleted and if I hit "New Message" or the "Menu" button at the bottom the Message App will Force Close AGAIN! I have to wait 10 minutes or restart my phone to get all my text threads back again...and even then the one that I tried to delete still comes back.

What the hell is going on?
Old 09-01-2010, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: His and Her HTC EVO's

travisr528 is keeping up the good worktravisr528 is keeping up the good work
Re: Can't Delete Texts.

What app are you using for text messages?, How long have you been having this error and are you rooted and using a custom rom?
Old 09-01-2010, 01:53 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
There is one thread that will not delete no matter how many times I try. It takes about 10 seconds to load up when I click on it and about 5 seconds for my text to populate when I send one. I try to delete it but the Message app Force Closes...then when I try to reopen my Messages ALL my text threads have been deleted and if I hit "New Message" or the "Menu" button at the bottom the Message App will Force Close AGAIN! I have to wait 10 minutes or restart my phone to get all my text threads back again...and even then the one that I tried to delete still comes back.

What the hell is going on?
Same here, i think its just the massive amounts of messages in a thread, ive got two threads, one 1600 messages long and the other is 900 messages long and it wont delete either one. Ive got other threads about 200 long and they delete just fine. Ive seen this happen stock and rooted phones, from Samsung Moments to HTC Hero and Evo. Im using Fresh 3.1.0.2. If someone has a fix, it would be much appreciated. Right now im deleting one message at a time.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 09-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

Honestly I found that if you use a backup app like mybackup pro and backup everything (it backs up apps and all of the data too)except for text then do a wipe and restore everything is the easiest way to delete them.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jayrodclg is a n00b

under settings you have the option to have it delete the messages automatically. you can select a number, I've got mine set to 100 messages per thread.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Chris95GT is a n00b

Bump. Same issue here, stock messaging app 2.2 Evo. Wifes phone has 5000+ messages in one thread, I can't get it deleted...
Old 10-23-2010, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S II
Carrier: sprint

mac901 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to mac901

i just deleted one text that had 742 messaages in it and it took a minute but it did it you might want to set a limit for it. try deleting them and just let it do its thing but it did ask me to force close or wait and i waited.. also running stocke everything
Old 10-24-2010, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Ryan07 is just getting started

SMS Backup & Restore has an option to delete all messages on the phone, if you don't mind losing them all.

AppBrain Link

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G