PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Contacts issue... 2 3 4 how many do you need lol

why the heck do my contacts keep doubling or tripling. If I click a contact and go to edit the contact, the contact has multiples of the same number. I have gon through and edited several contacts and now a few weeks later theres even more for some of them. What the heck is causing this to happen. I do import and export anytime I make a change and some how I am guessing thats the cause but man that just doesnt seem right.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Contacts issue... 2 3 4 how many do you need lol

In the Contacts app click View and then choose one source, because you are probably seeing your Gmail, personal, Facebook, and possibly even more sources all at the same time.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Thats not the case I have it showing only contacts with numbers and my gmail contacts arnt showing. Also I dont have face book twitter or anything like that. The only thing it could show is my contacts and my gmail contacts but its setup to not show gmail contacts.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Are the duplicated contacts the same number? Or different numbers? You can link your contacts. When in a contact, you should see a chain with 2 links in the upper right. You can link different contacts there.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
Are the duplicated contacts the same number? Or different numbers? You can link your contacts. When in a contact, you should see a chain with 2 links in the upper right. You can link different contacts there.
There duplicate numbers as in the same number. There also listed in the contact already so they are already linked. The issue is I have one contact and a few days later that contact has duplicated numbers of inside the contact. In some cases there are 3 4 or 5 of the same number within the contact. It still only shows one number but once you click edit you see multiples of the same number.

I checked my contacts on gmail.com and I saw a tone of duplicated contacts there as well.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

I got the same problem, anyway to fix it? Gets kinda annoying
Old 08-28-2010, 04:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

disable google contacts
Old 08-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

delete all contacts then resync only way to clear it,
Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T

rkiechle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to rkiechle

Also, not sure if you are syncing with Outlook, because i made the mistake of viewing google and facebook contacts, and then during my nightly sync it put them into outlook and they were duplicated there also... once i got my outlook all cleaned up and did a wipe, and then did not sync google/facebook and only outlook my problem went away...

If i have done something to help you, please thank me so i can thank them and they can thank you...
Old 08-30-2010, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

srtpusher is becoming a great contributor

if the multiples are also in google, google can merge duplicates. it is an option in the contacts section of your gmail acct. it is under the "more actions" tab.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G