PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 06:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc Evo
Carrier: sprint

drtdiver83 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
evo external speaker blown

so i recently noticed that the external speaker on my evo sounds like it is blown. the sound that comes out is all distorted and very hard on the ears.
all sounds the phone plays are this way. im still within my 30 days gonna try to have best buy replace it because thats where i purchased it.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: evo external speaker blown

Good luck..Make sure if they don't have any in stock to note your account that you came in with said issue before your 30 days. If they are unable to note your account then you need to call Customer Service and have the Best Buy Rep tell them that you came in before your 30 days with a defective phone. If they don't do this they will try to send you a refurbished phone after the 30 days...since they probably dont have Evo's. If worst comes to worst...talk to the store manager and have them get the info put on your account.

Good luck...if you have any other questions...reply to this message I will gladly help.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

went to best buy and they were out of stock. no big deal i understand but then was basically told that i have to come in every morning just to see if they have any in stock. then was told that i most likely got water in the speaker and thats why it sounds that way. i was told they wont be able to do anything for me. i spoke with a manager showed him that the water damage marker was still in perfect shape and that i needed my account noted to show that i came in before my 30 day period was up. its actually going to be up at the end of this week. he refused and said that the best he could do is give me a rain check. i remembered seeing people that had got this response also and i said it would not be good enough. i was then basically given the bums rush.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

just spoke with sprint customer care and they are sending me a brand new one. i should have just called sprint from the beginning they could not have been more friendly and helpful.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

A raincheck means they will get you a refurbished. They could care less about you after you buy the phone...and they try to pull this crap all the time. If this phone was constantly on the selves...this would not be a issue...they would have givin you a new one right on the spot. But since the Evo is backordered they feel a raincheck is the easiest copout. What they don't realize is that you have a 30 day warranty on the phone, if it's in any way defective in those 30 days...you are to get a new device...after those 30 days its refurbished unless Sprint's stock is low on refurbished then they will give you brand new one. Do you remember the managers name? PM me with the store # and I will call them...I really want to see what he says...I'll make up a story about my Evo and see what he says...then I will prove him wrong.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G