PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, TP2, EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

sirtoyboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Speed Demon - I am in love

Hey guys, gave up the TP2 for this gem last week and have to say I made to right move. I rooted this baby two days later and have tried two ROMs thus far, OMJ & Damage Control. I found OMJ's ROM to be very smooth and about 95% stable with just an occasional glitch. I also tested the 4g speed using SPEEDTEST.net and got a maximum download speed of around 3.24 MBS, which I thought was impressive until I decided to give DC a test run. I found it to be very stable, but what impresses me the most is the SPEEDTEST results, which is complete insane with a whopping 8.56 MBS download speed.

Just thought I would share this info as I am completely blown away.

BTW I am in Atlanta, GA which has pretty decent 4g coverage.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Speed Demon - I am in love

Glad that you moved from the TP2 to the EVO and are enjoying your new device. And thanks for sharing your speedtest results. When you tested both ROMs, were you testing in the same exact location, to make certain that the benchmarks were accurate?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SunnyGeek is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtoyboy View Post
Yeah, the 4g is pretty good here. I'm loving it.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:06 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

Welcome to the EVO 4G...

and Android!

Enjoy...

Old 07-21-2010, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

To me that is great, those are some awesome numbers. Too the big guns floating around they would stomp all over that and say speedtest.net is unreliable. I'm just saying. Watch out they will be around anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtoyboy View Post
Hey guys, gave up the TP2 for this gem last week and have to say I made to right move. I rooted this baby two days later and have tried two ROMs thus far, OMJ & Damage Control. I found OMJ's ROM to be very smooth and about 95% stable with just an occasional glitch. I also tested the 4g speed using SPEEDTEST.net and got a maximum download speed of around 3.24 MBS, which I thought was impressive until I decided to give DC a test run. I found it to be very stable, but what impresses me the most is the SPEEDTEST results, which is complete insane with a whopping 8.56 MBS download speed.

Just thought I would share this info as I am completely blown away.

Droidrox39
Old 07-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sirtoyboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
To me that is great, those are some awesome numbers. Too the big guns floating around they would stomp all over that and say speedtest.net is unreliable. I'm just saying. Watch out they will be around anytime.

Agreed. I suspect that I will get some flack but I will stand by the numbers as it speaks for itself given that the numbers were lower with other ROMs.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sirtoyboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Glad that you moved from the TP2 to the EVO and are enjoying your new device. And thanks for sharing your speedtest results. When you tested both ROMs, were you testing in the same exact location, to make certain that the benchmarks were accurate?

Best move I ever made.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Who cares whatg they say. Enjoy your new pocket rocket
Old 07-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sirtoyboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Yes, I tested it in the down town area. One of my team mates purchased his the same day I got mine so I had him test his today with the stock ROM and he go 3.89 mbs, I then tested mine immediately thereafter and got 7.98 mbs so I can say without doubt that DC ROM made a serious difference.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

sirtoyboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
who cares whatg they say. Enjoy your new pocket rocket