PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your battery life like?
Using ver. 0002 w/Novatech screen & getting good battery. 5 19.23%
Using ver. 0003 w/Novatech screen & getting good battery. 6 23.08%
Using ver. 0003 w/Epson screen & getting good battery. 12 46.15%
Using ver. 0003 w/Epson screen & getting bad battery. 3 11.54%
Using ver. 0002 w/Novatech screen & getting bad battery. 0 0%
I don't care, I want a white iPhone 4... 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ver 0003 w/ Epson screen uses more battery?

So I got a ver. 0003 with an epson screen as a replacement to my ver. 0002 with a novatech screen and have had time to see a noticeable difference.

I installed the same apps, set up the phone preferences the same. But the ver. 3 w/Epson screen seems to be using up the battery noticeably quicker.

Anyone else with access to both versions experience this?

-CC

EDIT: Just for the record, I had superb battery life on my original ver. 2. got at least 17hours + with battery still at 45% with usual use.

Last edited by clockcycle; 07-19-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580
Re: Ver 0003 w/ Epson screen uses more battery?

Well i didn't have the 0002 but my batt sucks no matter what i do. Even with underclocking and sync turned off its still terrible. Lovin 5 point multitouch with fps fixed though so its worth it to me. Just get anothef battery to carry with ya

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 07-19-2010, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

iv had both and neither seem to use more or less battery based on screen. I highly doubt this is even possible. I mean yes one screen will probably use a little more power simply because they are not the same screen and the display settings are diffrent. However, I dont believe this could be noticable by anyone just using the phone. To see the diffrence between the screens you would have to test them and I think the diffrence would be very minor.

Now that that you are an idiot by any means but there is probably something setup diffrent with your phone and you havnt relized it or you are simply using your phone more. I recently changed roms and my battery life was dramaticly decreased. I had all my settings the same all my apps where the same. I dont know what I messed up yet but something was causing the phone to not sleep. I solved the problem now but at first I was a little confused.

So what kind of battery life are you getting and what is your usage heavy or light? If you are only getting a few hours with your phone you need to make sure its sleeping. The time up and the time running should not be the same.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a 0003 and im running my phone w 18 hrs ove use and its from manually updating my weather and all that good stuff, also running baked snack beta 9.7 overclocked @1.03 ghz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welp, with a few replies, I can determine that version/screen shouldn't be a major factor. Perhaps it is limited to my unit, and it is showing it's "re-certified-ness" OR... the major difference between my previous phone and now is I've updated the apps I had on the original since and that may be the causing factor.

Thanks guys/gals.

-CC
Old 07-19-2010, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

don't think it has to do with screen or version. If anything, i would think the older versions would have worse battery life, but again i don't think it matters. I've heard bad battery complaints from both sides. I have 0003 with epson and i get awesome life btw...

ha everyone on the poll has had good life? what happened to all the people complaining about battery when the phone launched? hmmmm
Old 07-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
don't think it has to do with screen or version. If anything, i would think the older versions would have worse battery life, but again i don't think it matters. I've heard bad battery complaints from both sides. I have 0003 with epson and i get awesome life btw...

ha everyone on the poll has had good life? what happened to all the people complaining about battery when the phone launched? hmmmm
Deff not screen just regular use and stuff cause im on 70% battery ane its been unplugged since 8 this morning and its almost 3 here so not bad.. and on top ove that watched alice in wonderland on it too lol
Old 07-20-2010, 10:41 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Removed the last two apps I had installed on my ver.0002 (opera mini and xscope) from my ver.0003 and battery life has been phenomenal once again, almost 10 hours since unplugged with 80% still available.

Truthfully i hadn't had my ver.0002 with either app installed long enough to see that one of them caused my phone to chew up the battery quicker.

After further testing, it seems to be with xscope and not with opera mini.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:01 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Removed the last two apps I had installed on my ver.0002 (opera mini and xscope) from my ver.0003 and battery life has been phenomenal once again, almost 10 hours since unplugged with 80% still available.

Truthfully i hadn't had my ver.0002 with either app installed long enough to see that one of them caused my phone to chew up the battery quicker.

After further testing, it seems to be with xscope and not with opera mini.
This is the bat life I have fairly good. Note I also use my TP2 battery.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Hey clockcycle are you rooted? I'm having great luck with the new kernel from netarchy at XDA and the Baked Snack ROM from Hero_Over also at XDA. Here's what I'm running:

HTC Evo 4G
ROM: Baked Snack v9.7 by Hero_Over
Hardware Version: 003/Novatech screen
Software Number: 1.47.651.1
Kernel Version: 2.629-netarchy-toastmod (3.7.2a) natas@64bit-evil#2
Baseband Version: 2.05.00.06.10
Recovery Version: ClockworkMod 2.5.01
Backup Status: n/a
Root Method: Simpleroot OTA 1.47.651.1 Edition

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G