PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3d 4G
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

fuzzy26 is keeping up the good workfuzzy26 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: EVO underwater WICKED...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTEngel85 View Post

I. What is Sprints insurance policy? I have insurance, but if I told them the phone was lost/stolen and just trash it, is it still just $100?

Semper Fi fellow geeks...

-Chris
Sorry to hear that. I can answer the 1st question for you. If you tell them it is lost then you just need to pay the $100.00. If you talk to acct services they may give you a $100.00 credit on your bill and just charge the $100.00 that the ins co charges you to your sprint acct. If you tell them it was stolen I believe you will need to provide them with a police report. You could also sell the phone on ebay as is with a non-clear esn. Just my $0.02. But doing that is fraud Since it is damaged and you tell them that, more than likely they will just swap your phone through the mail.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: EVO underwater WICKED...

I feel sorry for the person who gets that EVO after it has been refurbished. Sure, it may get some new parts and pieces, but it was still submerged under water. Would you want that particular evo as a refurb knowing that?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
I. What is Sprints insurance policy? I have insurance, but if I told them the phone was lost/stolen and just trash it, is it still just $100?

2. Anyone have any ideas why the headphone jack does that? *besides the obvious water damage... maybe some other phones do it?

c. Anyone feel generous enough to buy this U.S. Marine a new Evo? lol, I know... but it's worth a try.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me rant... It's not too often I get to do so...

-Chris
Your Insurance covers anything that happens to your phone...physical damage, water damage...getting run over etc....pay the $100 deductable and new Evo...and make sure to buy a otter box for it this time if your going to be at the beach. Salt water and phones don't mix...your headphone jack was probably shorting out the phone and causing it to reset....some people had issues with the TP2 getting stuck in headphone mode, but I havnt heard anything with the Evo yet. Sorry dude, I havn't even gotten mine yet...August 1st is when Im eligible...

It happens to all of us..sucks..but atleast you have the insurance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
SHE DROPPED IT!!! I was livid, needless to say. I immediately ran to the phone... which was now buried under sand and saltwater... Pulling it out of the muck and desperately trying to pry open the battery cover to pull the batt, I saw the screen flicker and slowly die, just before I yanked the battery.
She would have walked home if it were my wife :P

PPC 6700 > HTC Diamond > HTC Hero > HTC Evo
Old 07-16-2010, 03:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
theres a plastic coating around it what a liar
Really? I don't see it. He wouldve have to seal the earpiece, mic, battery cover, micro sd, charger port, volume buttons for it not to get water in there. Maybe its the ROM hes using...i want that water proof ROM!!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yay for capturing yourself on video and posting it on youtube.. Can anyone say insurance fraud, with video confirmation as proof..
Old 07-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch

Agfadoc is a n00b

A complete tool..
Old 07-16-2010, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SunnyGeek is just getting started

Quote:
Quick questions though... for you phone geniuses...

2. Anyone have any ideas why the headphone jack does that? *besides the obvious water damage... maybe some other phones do it?

c. Anyone feel generous enough to buy this U.S. Marine a new Evo? lol, I know... but it's worth a try.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me rant... It's not too often I get to do so...

-Chris
If you have the premium insurance coverage, you just have to pay $100 unless the damage has to do with the hardware or software that was not user error. But seeing it was user error, $100 for you!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

he obviously has a skin over the bottom and top and a ScrnPtr over the front face/speaker grill.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

What an idiot lol

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G