PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 06:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
network , data connection error.. Help !!

Hoping someone can help. I was recently installing some new apps on my EVO and cannot pinpoint specifically when this issue began, but my mobile network connection hardly seems to work now. I am not getting email regularly , cannot connect on most of my apps when needing network connectivity, etc. Something has messed my data connection up. I am rooted and have not done the OTA update . Everything was working perfectly until about 2 day ago. I uninstalled everything I could think of that was installed and am still having the issue. I do notice that under the directory to remove apps that are installed, I seem to have more than I did before that do not have an actual app tagged to them anymore.

First question: Is there a utility or anything available that can run a real time montioring of my data connection to see how it is running or not?

Second: Any suggestion on how to run through and check my settings to make sure some app has not taken over/ changed something ?

I could really use some help with this as it is inhibiting my email and prety much anything else that uses connectivity. It is very frustrating. Everything was running fine before and now it seems as if my data connection has been rendered almost useless.

any help is appreciated. I am hoping to fix issue without having to clear storage(if that would even work or having to do the equivalent of a hard reset)

Last edited by lefty11; 07-12-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: network , data connection error.. Help !!

It seems whatever you did must have played havoc with your system files pertaining to your data connection. I recommend a Hard Reset of the phone. Maybe there is another way but 9/10 times this usually fixes it. Might have to re-ROOT again though..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G