PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: His and Her HTC EVO's
Carrier: Sprint

travisr528 is keeping up the good worktravisr528 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone know how to get utorrent to work with the Evo

I am using the newest version of wifi tether and utorrent will not download. It was working previously with wifi tether (wireless_tether_2_0_1.apk) but now I have (wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre2.apk) and it will not work. When I go to the set up guide it fails the bandwidth part. Says Connection failed error: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is. And thats all. I understand the port is going to be closed to upload but I should still be able to download. I don't want go back because the ps3 will not support ad hoc networks.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
Re: Does anyone know how to get utorrent to work with the Evo

Well i use to use it when i was paying 30 bucks it was working fine at the end utorrent stop working

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 07-10-2010, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i just run abc on my pc
Old 07-11-2010, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: His and Her HTC EVO's
Threadstarter

travisr528 is keeping up the good worktravisr528 is keeping up the good work

Yeah, no help at all. Topic people!

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2010, 11:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deboy69 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Hold on while Sprint downgrades your 4G to 1x due to terms of user violations. Seriously...use your PC..way more bandwidth to play with. You must be one of the people slowing down the network because your running torrents on your phone. Just sayin.
Agreed!!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:37 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Im going to make a long shot here and say no!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Rather than assume you're doing something nefarious, or hogging the bandwidth from everyone else (did anyone else stop to think maybe he's using 4G or doesn't have a home internet connection??) I'll attempt to answer your question...

If you downgrade back to the previous wireless tether version, does it start to work again? If not, I'd be more inclined to think that Sprint may be blocking non-common ports rather than it being an issue with the wifi tether app (i.e. allowing web, e-mail, etc but blocking the rest to prevent usage such as this to reduce load on the network). If it does, then it may be an issue with the newest version enabling Infrastructure mode - it's acting more like a true router/access point rather than using an ad-hoc connection - so it could be somehow preventing the type of connection uTorrent needs...
Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Guys seriously save the lectures for Sunday. You don't know anything about what he is downloading. Let Sprint worry about users and throttle bandwidth. Its not like he's stealing from you he has the right to use what he is paying for just as much as you do. You probably say the same thing with cable internet, "guy next door is stealing MY bandwidth" while your computer sits idle. So if he pays 30 bucks for hotspot is it ok then? What about those poeple I guess they can't use devices either because were saving bandwidth for you. .

Anyway does it work when you plug the phone in over USB? I use aBTC on my phone. Ya guys I downloaded one file relax.

Droidrox39

Last edited by zone23; 07-12-2010 at 09:45 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Here is what I use...

Torrent-fu (in the market) it lets me download and control utorrent on my server at home. I can search for torrents on my phone, then download them, but its using my 35mb fiber line at home so they are ready for me when I get home or I can use orb to stream them to my phone if needed.
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm a big fan of Transdroid in the marketplace as it has settings for a couple different torrent downloaders. I use vuze over utorrent, so it works. Quick to set up too.....

Now if I could only figure out how to remotely wake up my computer. (wireless with no NDIS setting)

Last edited by coolwhip1220; 07-12-2010 at 03:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G