PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Konnections is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Duplicate calendar entries

I just got an EVO for work (my personal phone is a TP2) a couple of days ago. It was setup by our IT department to use Exchange ActiveSync for email, calendar and contacts. My practice has been to maintain all my contact and calendar info on my work phone or in Outlook on my desktop, then sync to my personal laptop and then to my person phone (not a big deal since I do the personal sync about once per week).

So I get everything setup for work, and I then I installed HTC Sync program on my personal laptop and synced. My work Exhcnage/outlook account is fine, as is my laptop, but the EVO has duplicate entries (Exchange shows orange, PC syc shows green). So i can't even use duplicate killer on my laptop and reverse sync. Maddening! How do I get rid of these duplicate entries from the EVO?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

pitchristian is a n00b
Re: Duplicate calendar entries

Go to calender and open it up. then hit menu and select more. select "calendars" I unchecked the "pc sync" one and the duplicates went away. I also deselected the facebook one as well so I didnt have all the birthday notifications cloggin up my month view. Hope this helps

Last edited by pitchristian; 07-08-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Konnections is a n00b
Re: Duplicate calendar entries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchristian View Post
Go to calender and open it up. then hit menu and select more. select "calendars" I unchecked the "pc sync" one and the duplicates went away. I also deselected the facebook one as well so I didnt have all the birthday notifications cloggin up my month view. Hope this helps
Thanks - that would help with the duplicates, but after the past few days of dealing with Sprint and HTC tech support, it turns out that Android can sync multiple calendars, but only on a one-to-one basis, not one-to-many. All calendar and contact entries have a type (i.e. exchange, Google, PC, phone). It is not possible to sync an entry that originated in Exchange through the EVO (or any Android device) to Outlook or Gmail. Piss poor design if you ask me, as Palm, RIM and WinMo have been doing that for years (I've had all 3). I'm still in my Sprint 30-day satisfaction period, so my options are to switch back to WinMo or Rim, or to just use my EVO to sync to work, and then do a periodic CSV export from Outlook and import into Gmail so I have a back up...I haven't decided what to do yet. "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G