PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

kronik420 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Few Evo Questions

I'm lovin the evo phone its my first android phone its different then windows mobile thats for sure. But there are still some small problems I keep running in to

I was wondering is there anyway possible to keep voicemail longer then 5 days if I get a voicemail and want to save it it says the voice mail will be saved for 5 days. Is there anyway to extend the 5 day limit like for 30 days or permenant theres some situations where you want to keep the message and be able to reference back a call.

Is there a way to have several folders show under the mail program for instance I have yahoo mail currently I have about 22 folders under my inbox is there a way to sync those. Also for my business email it is under gmail and I have about 40 folders all from different clients and some dating back several years sometimes I need to be able to access that information on the fly and I actually have to log in to the website from my web browser to pull up the info is there a better program out there then the HTC one on the market place that somebody could recommend me or if theres is something I'm not doing right.

I'm currently have issues with 2 different bluetooth headsets. The first bluetooth hand pieace I was using was the plantronic voyager pro which is an awesome headset besides lacking the a2dp profile the problem I was having. It would constantly keep telling me bluetooth disconnected then bluetooth connected and it would do it a few times a day. So I took it back and got the motorola H17 installed the motospeak and I still have the bluetooth disconnect bluetooth connected message but it only happens maybe once or twice a week. The thing that kills me with this one and I'm not sure if its the phone or headset is. When I get a call coming in it doesn't announce it right away sometimes takes 2-3 rings before it announces it sometimes it doesn't even annnounce it anybody else having issue with bluetooth I scanned the forums but didn't see any issues relating to the issue I'm having.

How can I get better phone service I currently live in an area where sprint has told me there is poor signal for about 5 miles. I can still use my phone but is there a way to force the roaming feature. There was a program like that for the touch pro2 that you could force the roaming feature and I would get pretty damn good signal when I went out of the house. Inside the house is alright I have the sprint airave device that sprint sent me but that device was working excellent with the touch pro 2 evo its not working so good with. I found this on xda I haven't tried it but was wondering if anybody else has tried it seems to be the answer I need. any suggestions
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696073

Thank you this site is so helpful and friendly.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work
Re: Few Evo Questions

I was not aware that the stock visual voice mail had a 5 day limit on it. I use google voice (which is now open to the public). I have VM in there that are 10 days old. I don't think they get deleted. As a bonus, all VM are saved online as well and you can access them via internet. Plus, you get transcritptions (though they can be pretty inacurrate).

The stock gmail app lets use sync multiple folders. If you go to the settings, there is an option to select the folders you're looking for. I think HTC e-mail app doesn't allow it. However, there is an app in the market (K-9 mail). I don't use it, but you might want to explore that to see if it allows it. I do believe it allows for a unified mail box though (not sure)

I can't help regarding bluetooth. I don't use a headset. My car has bluetooth built in and I never loose my connection. Perhabs it's the headsets and not the phone??

I can't help with the last question, sorry.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

kronik420 is just getting started

Thanx bro I'll have to check in to the K-9Mail and also look in to google voice
Old 07-01-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

wayne64ss is a n00b

Bump, I'm also looking for a way to enable "roaming only" modes because my phone bounces in and out when i'm at home and EATS battery. My old TP2 when not in roaming would get sucked dry in only a few hours.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Get Google Voice have your Sprint voicemail do unconditional forwarding to google voice. Problem solved, and you also get transcribed voicemails, a second number that you get to keep, can check your voicemails from anywhere.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

wayne64ss is a n00b

how does that solve the problem of spotty connection????
Old 07-01-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work

Still new to the visual voicemail. But can't you just call your voicemail like we did on TP2 and save voicemails there? As for the reception problem. That fix at xda with using the Alltel PRL uses your anytime minutes and causes data roaming even tho the phone doesn't see it as roaming thIe system still does.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G