PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Advanced Task Manager or similar

I wonder why the opponents of Advanced Task Managers or similar utility programs suggest that Android does a perfect job of memory management and recommend that they not be used entirely when it is quite evident that this phones bogs down considerably when they memory descends to a certain level. Like in the past, I just noticed that my phone was crawling and sure enough my memory had crept down to 60MB. Its becoming more and more obvious to me that these utilities fill a dire need.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO FO SHO
Carrier: Sprint

MRGATO14 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Advanced Task Manager or similar

I totally agree... What people need to start doing is learning what processes and background apps can be turned off so as to not mess up the phone functionality...

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2010, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

advanced task manager I found to be really really bad on battery however I have found advanced task killer to have little or no impact on the battery. HOwever you are right in pointing out to be careful what you kill. My alarm didn't go off this morning because I killed my alarm clock OOPPPSS! Still got to work on time but you do need to be very careful with them. I never mess with system processes only apps. Things not to kill your alarm when you must get up. Your wifi tether when you are using it. Thew SU app when you have something running that needs it. The task killer itself. I do not use auto kill either.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

you guys should try "autokiller" especially if you're rooted. It's amazing

and the widget, when you hit it, closes every program you don't need to be actively using. It does wonders to speed up my Android device
Old 06-30-2010, 08:02 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I don't like autokiller, it just wasn't for me, it is good though. Task killers are really good for people who know how to use them, terrible for those who don't. That being said, for the general population, task manager/killers are not recommended.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

THunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
I don't like autokiller, it just wasn't for me, it is good though. Task killers are really good for people who know how to use them, terrible for those who don't. That being said, for the general population, task manager/killers are not recommended.
I agree, I work at a sprint store and people are always coming in with things not working.. I uninstall advanced task killer (which CS keeps telling people to install) and the phone is fine again..The average joe just shouldnt be in control of a task killer of any kind..lol
Old 06-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Ark has a widget i use all the time. I made sure to ignore the needed tasks.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I use it for battery management, not memory management
Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by THunDA View Post
I agree, I work at a sprint store and people are always coming in with things not working.. I uninstall advanced task killer (which CS keeps telling people to install) and the phone is fine again..The average joe just shouldnt be in control of a task killer of any kind..lol
Same here, I work at Best Buy and people come up to me asking why their phone is freezing, yet it has a task manager installed. Fix the ignore list and no more problems, yet I am not at every BB so some are being returned that shouldn't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Ark has a widget i use all the time. I made sure to ignore the needed tasks.
That is how its done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I use it for battery management, not memory management
Exactly thats why I have ATK set to kill every time I turn off the screen. Because if it is set to kill off Sprint Navigation, which shouldn't be started unless I start it it works and saves battery. But we aren't all power users haha that's why we steer noobs clear of the TKs.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G