PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 02:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: E V O !
Carrier: Sprint

albertlarios is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I turned HTC SENSE off. How do I turn it on?

So, does anyone know how to turn it back on or have i just been awake one too many days?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: I turned HTC SENSE off. How do I turn it on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertlarios View Post
So, does anyone know how to turn it back on or have i just been awake one too many days?
You mean the launcher? If you replaced it, go to settings > applications > application manager. Locate the launcher you have been using and tap on it. Near the bottom you'll get a button labeled 'clear defaults'. Press it.

Now press the home key, you should have 2 options on a dialog box: your launcher and the HTC one, make sure you check 'use as default' and tap on the htc launcher.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I hadnt replaced the launcher, i just went into settings, applications, manage applications, and then to the htc sense one then i cleared the data and force stopped it. Ive been running stock android for a while now but have come to hate it! I just want my origional home screens/launcher back. Im stumped and looking around the net only yields more info on how to turn it off but none on how to turn it on again....
Old 06-28-2010, 02:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

you prolly changed your scene, go to settings than scenes and change that back to default or whatever option you want and see if that fixes your issue...[ trust me you dont hate android you are just frustrated and hell that happens to us all at sometime until we get used to it and get it mastered
Old 06-28-2010, 02:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

fenix has it right.
just go to settings > applications > manage applications > scroll down to "launcher"
then press "clear defaults" then "force stop" then press the home button and it'll ask you if you want to start HTC Sense or the default launcher. click sense, make it the default and youre done.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ya ur right i was fine with it until i realized i had to put a phone widget on every screen. Plus i dont really like the algorith they used for the movement on the launcher itself. Its to sticky for me. Anyways....... i already tried that and while it will go into the scenes option menu after i select one and hit home or back or any other combination its still just stock when i get home. Has anyone ever tried to do what i did or.... nah! Their must be someone out their whoes done this and come back from it. Right?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:54 AM
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

huh? did you not try my (and fenix's) solution? if you disabled sense then it has nothing to do with scenes.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, you were right.(both of you) You just gotta reset the launcher in the manage applications menu. THANKS!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:56 AM
VIP Member

glad we helped. have fun with sense again. i too prefer sense over vanilla android.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ya you were right.... i got it. Our posts where just out of sync, by the time i was done writing one you had already posted another. HA HA! Well its not that funny but ya.... so thanks again!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
htc, htc sense, sense, turn on htc sense