PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

AS329 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Updated prl now no airave

Does anyone know of I can roll back to the 60666 prl if I am not rooted?

Would a factory reset take me back to an older prl?

I updated to 667 and cannot connect to the airave, the wife and kid did not update and still connect. It's killing my battery life at home.

TIA.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G/Epic 4G

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Updated prl now no airave

Go into your account on the Sprint page and make sure your airwave is set to let anybody use it or it has your phone number listed. It "could" be a prl update but I doubt it as no ones else has experienced this including me and I have an airwave and the new prl.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Shoot, searched through our forums and on google to find the file for ya, but it seems no one posted it, at least not in the quick lookup I did. Colrada PRL site hasn't update since 2008 either

Sorry,

-CC
Old 06-25-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Null - took a look, it was set to all access

clockcycle - thanks for the doublecheck, I was up looking all night.

The only other things I did yesterday was swap to a different SD card (and have since swapped back on the off, off chance that had something to do with it.) I updated my prl and profile, and added google translator. I spent a good deal of time with airave tech support last night (not yet realizing it was only my phone) and so its all reset properly. My wife and I stand right next to it, she gets full bars, I get none. I call *99, it tells her she's on airave, it tells me to piss off....

Any other ideas before I have to call airave/sprint back? I know I can do that any time, but A: I like to fix stuff myself so I learn what was wrong and B: really, what else do you have to do?

I could test this by updating the wife's prl, but happy wife/happy life, so I ain't gonna risk it.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 Happy Wife = Happy Life
Old 06-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work

I did the PRL update and I can use the airave fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G/Epic 4G

NuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNuLLKiLL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

AS329
Here's a couple of things.
Try reseting the airwave if you haven't already
Try restricting calling to your number and see if it works and then unrestrict takes about 30 mins they say after a change to take affect
Do the PRL update again it seems to always download a PRL even if you have the current one maybe something happened and a line was corrupted??
Old 06-25-2010, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, after further review, I am thinking it may be the airave...I just tested my wife's phone and now she cannot connect either.

Thanks for the replies though. That's why I love these boards.

*EDIT* Definitely the airave. I inspected it and the antenna seemed a little loose. I think it's busted. I was able to squeeze the loose parts together and get a signal, but the signal gets real weak outside of ten feet. Thanks again.

**EDIT 2 I'm just posting this because it's funny as hell. I stuck one of my wife's large hoop earrings in the antenna connector on the airave and am getting better reception with it that the stock antenna. This should work until she needs to wear it or until I can get a cheap ebay replacement....

Last edited by AS329; 06-25-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL View Post
AS329
Here's a couple of things.
Try reseting the airwave if you haven't already
Try restricting calling to your number and see if it works and then unrestrict takes about 30 mins they say after a change to take affect
Do the PRL update again it seems to always download a PRL even if you have the current one maybe something happened and a line was corrupted??

Did the resets, was going to try the restriction thing, but decided to wait a bit. I did the PRL again last night...in light of my last post, I'm thinking its the airave and not the update or phone.

But damn what I difference in battery life...was lasting all day with the airave, now I bet I don't get 12 hours today...I can still live with that though.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

update profile after prl

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G