PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None Yet (EVO Soon?)
Carrier: Sprint

Crodley is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Video comparing recent EVO's to launch EVO's

Hi all,

Since I haven't gotten my own EVO yet and I am obsessive I search youtube for evo vids everyday and just found this one (NOT by me)

This fella bought a 2nd EVO today (22? 23? of June) and found big changes from the one he bought on launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG6ppoSLc3c
Old 06-23-2010, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Video comparing recent EVO's to launch EVO's

I have my screen set to auto brightness. Is that why I haven't seen the pop-up menu?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Thats pretty good find on the Vid. I find it odd how on the hottest phone of the summer is sold out everywhere an its taking them forever to get more of them out.. They really need to hurry an get the phone in stock before the Droid X an IP4 drop or some people may get tired of waiting for the EVO an jump ship to Verizon ot Apple
Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g/Sprint

MarcusInMD is becoming a great contributor

That guy has too much time on his hands. Of course there will be minor differences between units. The video was really a waste of time.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

thanks for the find. the guy is kind of annoying though.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusInMD View Post
That guy has too much time on his hands. Of course there will be minor differences between units. The video was really a waste of time.
i have to agree, you could have the same difference from 2 models made on the same day and bought on the same day...
Old 06-23-2010, 03:21 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

ok so... is that wallpaper in the market? LOL
Old 06-23-2010, 04:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro...EVO in a few weeks

jtemple42000 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
ok so... is that wallpaper in the market? LOL

Yes, I believe its called "Seeds of Life Live Wallpaper."

not free though...
Old 06-23-2010, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

this is a known issue, as in months, with even the AMOLED htc android devices, like the nexus 1, desire, droid incredible.

It's called the pink hue issue... Best way to tell is to go to the gmail app and see if the greys look a little pinkish. Here's the thread, i'll see if i can find the screenshots in there. I remember people looking at htc.com and looking at the grey coloring too. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654539

htc desire*

And for thsoe of us who had the touch pro, we know about the batches that had yellowish whites! Unfortunately, this is how HTC rolls... luck of the draw I guess. Some will like the softer yellow/pink look, some will despise it.

Last edited by lipidfats; 06-23-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

My opinion, hardware builds 002 compared to 003. I dont think its anything major.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G