PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exchange Account, Plain Text Only, No HTML

Does my actual exchange server denote if my EVO can do HTML vs. Plain Text? I know my TP2 would do HTML, but I sort of remember it changing to plain text on occasion, but at least I could initially set it for HTML. The EVO shows plain text only.

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Westfire is just getting started
Re: Exchange Account, Plain Text Only, No HTML

Yep it is the Exchange Server that dictates that. Exchange 2010 is supposed to have support for HTML email to smartphones. We are upgrading at work soon.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've never been able to get HTML via my work exchange while I was on WinMo... I believed it was either a limitation of Outlook Mobile or an exchange policy enforced by my company... Moving to Android with the EVO, I had the same experience.... until I found Touchdown...
Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the company i use EAS with uses 2003 SP2 and yes the server determines that as per the posts mentioned already. touchdown works well but on the hero when i used it last year it kept the phone awake nearly close to 100% and that was unacceptable so i uninstalled it and am using the stock mail app. i only get text email so html capability does not matter in my case..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G