PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Skully00 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anybody try formating sd card trick? Results?

Here's something to try as a placebo effect with this that I noticed. I have the task killer app installed as a widget instead of as an app, it automatically kills everything running and when I do this prior to overnight charge I no longer lose battery life immediately after unplugging it. I've had it stay at 100% for around an hour or so with minimal use, which is still better than 30 seconds compared to before. it might be in my head who knows.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

so just did this i'll let you know the wut my effects are... I did it earlier but I did the quick format instead of the slow and it didn't work lol so will post results after it charges up, at 90% now

edit:
So I'm thinking it works a lil for me, by now I would be at 90 and i'm still at 96 but it def didn't stay at 100% for 45 minutes....

Last edited by Ticklemepinks; 07-23-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuteboomt View Post
What I found was there was files on my card that was keeping the phone from not sleeping. So I brought over files and media over slowly. I found that it was either my thumb nail files (for pics and video I took on my TP2), Video files, or ebooks that was keeping my phone from sleeping. So long store short "Yes" it does defeat the purpose.
How did you find the bad file and what do you mean copied over slowly. You didn't just copy and paste the whole card to/from computer
Old 08-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

not to sound like a noob, but i have formatted my sd card to FAT32 but i dont know exactly why i do this everytime but been doing it since i had my vogue way back when. what do you gain by formatting to FAT32?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

LOL some people will almost believe anything.... The sd card is not the issue UNLESS you have a corrupt file on your card and you can tell this by installing SystemPanel from the market and monitoring it for about 24hrs. Example: if your process "Android.process.media" is using a high amount of CPU then you have a bad media file on you sd card and the scanner is getting stuck on that file trying to determine what that file is. The "this battery or that battery" IS NOT the issue either, it's either a good battery or a bad one tho capacity does make a difference. The issues everyone is complaining about 10% battery drop is due to the battery not being charged to 100% capacity tho the phone thinks it is. I have tried over 5 different batteries (various sizes and capacities) as well as different OS's and it doesn't matter...the problem still remains. Either bump charging or charging the battery outside of the phone (like a wall charger) is the only fix until HTC or someone fixes the firmware. Again, this is a firmware issue...
Old 08-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

I bought a 16gb class 6 Transcend micro sd and my computer wont read the darn thing! I'm gonna try the phone usb to pc (disk drive) method and report results.

EDIT:... I did it. I will report my findings later today.

Last edited by jimmiekain; 08-28-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Not really saying whether this works or doesn't work, but this solution doesn't make a god damned bit of sense.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

for some reason I do see a difference. It's not a big difference but I do see one.

Edit: Today is Monday August 30... I can confirm that I got about 2:30 hours of extra battery after doing this. I'm not sure why or how, but this works!

Last edited by jimmiekain; 08-31-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprintpcs

mhdabedali is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobryan26 View Post
LOL some people will almost believe anything.... The sd card is not the issue UNLESS you have a corrupt file on your card and you can tell this by installing SystemPanel from the market and monitoring it for about 24hrs. Example: if your process "Android.process.media" is using a high amount of CPU then you have a bad media file on you sd card and the scanner is getting stuck on that file trying to determine what that file is. The "this battery or that battery" IS NOT the issue either, it's either a good battery or a bad one tho capacity does make a difference. The issues everyone is complaining about 10% battery drop is due to the battery not being charged to 100% capacity tho the phone thinks it is. I have tried over 5 different batteries (various sizes and capacities) as well as different OS's and it doesn't matter...the problem still remains. Either bump charging or charging the battery outside of the phone (like a wall charger) is the only fix until HTC or someone fixes the firmware. Again, this is a firmware issue...
You are 100% correct on that. It did not make any diff. after the format.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I have found similar success by just de-fragmenting the card.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery, evo, htc, tips, tricks