PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Will Froyo give us an extra 256 Megs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
When HTC implements Sense into Froyo, your RAM will go back down to ~2.1 levels. But if you use Startup Auditor, you can get to stay around 200MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
Considering HTC and Google haven't officially ironed out Froyo on the Nexus One, I'm not holding my breath for them to release it for the EVO any time soon.
What do you mean by not ironed out? Froyo on the nexus is stable. I would even say more stable then this 2.1 HTC rom which has people rebooting randomly. I'm in the nexus one forums all day and the 2.2 dev rom is doing great. Because of that rom alone, I have stable froyo on the evo, minus cameras. Not to mention I have a nexus.
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-18-2010, 11:38 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Okay........this is from "Avalaunch-EVOlution test 5"......I really don't know how much memory is on 2.1 from jump!

P.S. I just installed this about 3 minutes ago.....only thing I put on here is "ShootMe" so I could take that pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Memory data for 2.2.jpg (5.5 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by radar369; 06-19-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Re: Will Froyo give us an extra 256 Megs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Okay........this is from "Avalaunch-EVOlution test 5"......I really don't know how much memory is on 2.1 from jump!

P.S. I just installed this about 3 minutes ago.....only thing I put on here is "ShootMe" so I could take that pick!
But you're comparing a barebone rom with no extras to 2.1 loaded with bloatware and HTC sense, there should be massive amounts of space opened up but I don't think the 2.1 rom is hiding in space like the nexus one was doing with the initial release.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2010, 11:06 AM

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim
But you're comparing a barebone rom with no extras to 2.1 loaded with bloatware and HTC sense, there should be massive amounts of space opened up but I don't think the 2.1 rom is hiding in space like the nexus one was doing with the initial release.
Not comparing, just showing whoever was asking how much memory 2.2 has! I'm pretty sure when 2.2 actually releases it won't have that much memory on it!

I'm actually about to flash to a 2.1 rom because this thing has all types of jinks in it!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post

P.S. I just installed this about 3 minutes ago.....only thing I put on here is "ShootMe" so I could take that pic!

When I delete most of Sense(I leave the dialer and a couple of other things), I have around ~380MB, so it's about the same

Old 06-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

What happened to this forum? Everybody use to be so helpful, and cool... now you just got a bunch of lames that think It's cute to be a d*ck..
Old 06-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
What happened to this forum? Everybody use to be so helpful, and cool... now you just got a bunch of lames that think It's cute to be a d*ck..
F-YOU!

Hahahah...I kid I kid.

Cant wait for froyo...I cant wait to see how much faster "way" fast is. My evo is blazing and I might be afraid Froyo will set fire to my Evo.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin
When I delete most of Sense(I leave the dialer and a couple of other things), I have around ~380MB, so it's about the same
Cool, I be flashing you pretty soon with my fully rooted wh*r* *ss!
Old 06-19-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct
...........so......what was your question again?!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
NOBODY KNOWS so STOP ASKING!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude really? stop being a douche, its not cool, just makes you look bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G