PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 11:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: RIM 9630/HTC Touch Pro2/HTC EVO 4G/Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

EvanTribley is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: data call failure : error code 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCell View Post
I have gotten this error message twice and it's really screwed up my service. I have never tried to tether. I keep getting Data Error messages. I left the iPhone for the EVO but I'm not sure I want to put up with this all the time.

On a separate note how can you tether using a Mac?
From the main screen press Menu> Settings> System Updates> Update Profile.

If you ever experience a loss in service, Error 67, not receiving sms/mms do a profile update. Not only does that re-establish your data connection with the network but will also update device programming if incorrect. Also a good old power cycle can do the trick.

This error should rarely (if ever) occur if your device has been properly programmed and registered with the network. If you don't have any luck run it into a Sprint store and have someone check the programming. You can also dial *2 to get to customer service to troubleshoot over the phone.

**Any views or opinions presented in these posts are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Sprint. Sprint will not accept any liability in respect to any communication from these posts.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

faxmonkey is keeping up the good workfaxmonkey is keeping up the good work

I got the same thing a few days back. I power cycled the phone each of the 4 times this happened. Haven't had a problem for 3 days now. I don't tether.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

go for easy tether
Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Evo4G
Carrier: sprint

arsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararsmithsr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

stormcell if you are getting data error messages without trying to tether update your profile or call as that means your data on the calling plan is not setup right.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

That Error is Sprint's network..not your phone...I had the same issue..went away a few hours later...when I tried to teather my TP2...didn't work so I gave up...
Old 06-27-2010, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

easy tether and check your pm
Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

wayne64ss is a n00b

Ok I called Sprint today on this because I was getting pissed off. Here's the deal I was given: Internet Sharing will work in 4G only because the authentication (for the extra fee) hasn't been implemented yet. It will not work in 3G unless you are paying the extra $30 a month for tethering. DUMB.

Now I came from WM platform, and I'm loving the switch, but there was always a way around this with the stock Internet Sharing app on all of my touch pros. It was basically a registry edit that changed the conenction type in Internet Sharing from "Phone as Modem" to "Sprint" and would just use the regular data connection.

Has anyone made this fix for Android yet?

I don't want to hear about PDANet, it sucks. Another guy in the office here was using it on his evo yesterday, we were sitting next to each other and i was tethered on my TP2. I was getting download of 1.2 meg per sec and heas getting 300k per second. same server, everything.

We shouldn't have to pay for tethering OR an app to handle it!!!!!! These contracts are bloated enough.

Last edited by wayne64ss; 07-01-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne64ss View Post
I don't want to hear about PDANet, it sucks. Another guy in the office here was using it on his evo yesterday, we were sitting next to each other and i was tethered on my TP2. I was getting download of 1.2 meg per sec and heas getting 300k per second. same server, everything.

We shouldn't have to pay for tethering OR an app to handle it!!!!!! These contracts are bloated enough.
Sounds like there was something wrong with the PDANet setup on your buddy's computer. I get the same speeds on my phone, as I do on my computer, when tethering, using PDANet. And there has to be an app to handle tethering. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to tether. That's what the sprint hot spot is. An app. The share internet option when you plug your phone into the computer is an app (one which sprint disabled, however).

As a side note, I am able to access https with the free version of PDANet. When I go to my bank, I see https in the address bar, and I have no problems accessing the site. Maybe it's some other type of https?
Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!
Carrier: sprint

Drac is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
As a side note, I am able to access https with the free version of PDANet. When I go to my bank, I see https in the address bar, and I have no problems accessing the site. Maybe it's some other type of https?
when the free version expires you won't be able to go to secure sites, only nonsecure.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

someone try this:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=33

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G