PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Two versions of Evos {Updated Results} (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124999)

rooster94 06-13-2010 08:06 PM

Re: Two versions of Evos

Quote:

Originally Posted by AS329 (Post 1812994)
Along the bottom, there are two areas where the screen doesn't sit flush to the bottom lip of the plastic. A little bit of light comes through there and through the usb/hdmi ports. Perhaps that is not what others are describing as a "leak". It doesn't bother me a whole bunch, just hope it's not a sign of the screen coming up in the future. I suspect it is like the Treo Pro touchscreen I replaced and it just sticks on.

The "light leak" is caused by the screen lifting up. You are correct about the screen, it just sticks on there. The screen on many people's Evos have been lifting up, like the guy who posted the scratch test on youtube. My Evo is having this issue, hasn't gotten too bad though, but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts to get worse.

Blaaammmm 06-13-2010 08:06 PM

I've got a 003 and i haven't noticed any major problems. Except for the fact that it sometimes lags for a second, but I would consider that an issue regarding all the apps I have on it. My phone's battery life is around 20 hours so no battery issues here.

taylor7667 06-13-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy (Post 1812399)

i have 003 as well, i had to swap my first one b/c there was a hair over the front lens camera inside the unit

Uhmm, what kind of hair? :silent:

rooster94 06-13-2010 08:18 PM

I have a 002. Also, it isn't one of the retail phones, it is one of the Google I/O phones. Doubt that makes a difference though.

j10376 06-13-2010 08:44 PM

I have 002 and i have not had any issues exept that the battery life stinks and the known exchange password issue with it looping reboot but this is a software issue. I am sorry unless i just have a bum phone or battery I can not believe any is getting over 10hrs on this phone I have had every windows mobile device sprints had on there network and this smartphone is by far the worst on battery life.

Riley 06-13-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j10376 (Post 1813068)
I have 002 and i have not had any issues exept that the battery life stinks and the known exchange password issue with it looping reboot but this is a software issue. I am sorry unless i just have a bum phone or battery I can not believe any is getting over 10hrs on this phone I have had every windows mobile device sprints had on there network and this smart phone is by far the worst on battery life.

sorry to hear that. it sure looks like some are getting really bad battery results while others are getting at least descent battery life. I'm over 10hrs since my last full charge and sitting at 43% so there's got to be a reason for the difference. You many want to try a hard reset once if you haven't already to start from scratch. Good luck.

j10376 06-13-2010 09:27 PM

I have already had to hard reset twice because of the known exchange issue

arsmithsr 06-13-2010 09:43 PM

I have 002 no real problems to report very very happy with this phone. My battery life is good. I can go 14 15 hours and still have half the battery never had to charge at work. gaming kills battery fast just like it does on my ipod touch. I had to ditch beautiful widgets as a horrible battery killer tho. I also use the overclock ap to slow cpu when the screen is off.

myn 06-13-2010 10:14 PM

I am the guy who took the original pics of the two versions linked in the first post.

You guys may find this interesting but both devices have a hardware version of 003 despite the cases and batteries being obviously different so I am not sure if this is a good key.

chulampin 06-13-2010 10:28 PM

002 battery life sucks do to the apps alawys r running even tho i close them they open by themselves.....