PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Two versions of Evos {Updated Results} (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124999)

DCLocal 06-13-2010 07:40 PM

Re: Two versions of Evos

0002 here and no issues. Unless you consider the fact that I can't but the darn thing down an issue... :)

I really love this phone!

kgbcapthowdy 06-13-2010 07:41 PM

the only time i see the bottom led lights is when i look down from the top at an extreme angle, i have an 003 with nothing wrong. been rooted and flashing roms quite a bit but i keep going back to omj's and i decided to stick with it. all the others dont seem as smooth. But when everyone talks about the light leak is is visible from just a normal viewing angle? Like i said i see mine at an extreme angle from the top

AS329 06-13-2010 07:44 PM

I have three phones that are 002, what I know about them:

1. Mine, light leak at bottom, fair battery life (still working on it, but I can get through the business day with wifi and gps on, couple to a few hours of internet and games, few texts, calls, screwing around with the metal detector app, etc.).
2. Wife, since I turned off a couple settings, running like a champ, light use she could probably go two or three days without a charge. No leaks.
3. Daughters (16). Impossible to get anything accurate out of her. I made same settings changes, and she uses the heck out of the phone (and her friends, :shudder: ) She is charging a couple times a day and saying it is freezing up on her (haven't seen it).

I run ATK on all, turned off always on mobile data (which seems to have made the biggest difference). I have the purported "old battery" in each phone. I am also noticing a positive difference by relying on wifi as opposed to 3G in a crappy area with airrave, but it's too soon to tell for sure.

kgbcapthowdy 06-13-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AS329 (Post 1812966)
I have three phones that are 002, what I know about them:

1. Mine, light leak at bottom, fair battery life (still working on it, but I can get through the business day with wifi and gps on, couple to a few hours of internet and games, few texts, calls, screwing around with the metal detector app, etc.).
2. Wife, since I turned off a couple settings, running like a champ, light use she could probably go two or three days without a charge. No leaks.
3. Daughters (16). Impossible to get anything accurate out of her. I made same settings changes, and she uses the heck out of the phone (and her friends, :shudder:) She is charging a couple times a day and saying it is freezing up on her (haven't seen it).

I run ATK on all, turned off always on mobile data (which seems to have made the biggest difference). I have the purported "old battery" in each phone. I am also noticing a positive difference by relying on wifi as opposed to 3G in a crappy area with airrave, but it's too soon to tell for sure.

im trying to get a description of light leak....could you give details plz

TheHoard 06-13-2010 07:53 PM

0002 version here, no complaints. I get the battery life I expect out of my phone based on how much I use it. I can easily get through a whole day without having to charge it. I don't play with it a whole lot though, so it's "resting" most of the day.

pinkbunniz 06-13-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock1909 (Post 1812677)
a little off topic, sorry. but does your TP2 2150 OEm battery fit in the EVO?

No clue sorry got rid of my tp2 when i got my evo so never had the chance to check, but from what ive read on here it seems like the tp2 batteries fit into the evo just the same.

AS329 06-13-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgbcapthowdy (Post 1812971)
im trying to get a description of light leak....could you give details plz

Along the bottom, there are two areas where the screen doesn't sit flush to the bottom lip of the plastic. A little bit of light comes through there and through the usb/hdmi ports. Perhaps that is not what others are describing as a "leak". It doesn't bother me a whole bunch, just hope it's not a sign of the screen coming up in the future. I suspect it is like the Treo Pro touchscreen I replaced and it just sticks on.

eagle2222222222 06-13-2010 07:58 PM

I have 0002. My only complaint is the battery, but I can live with it. Everything else far outweighs the battery issue. I love this phone.

AS329 06-13-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle2222222222 (Post 1812996)
I love this phone.

Yeah, I probably should have added that. This thing is the best piece of technology I have ever held in my hand. Period.

If they fix the battery life, great. If not I have chargers everywhere and a little portable battery pack that gives me a full charge +. I came from the Treo's, which had much worse batter life than this thing and did a tenth of the work. Luckily the chargers are the same...

Adrianh85 06-13-2010 08:03 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I or EVO): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I have 0002 and no problems here!!