PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blaster17363 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird problem, help!

Whenever I have anything plugged into my headphones jack, whether it be a set of headphones or the AUX cable to my car radio, my phone starts to freak out. If I'm playing music it will randomly play, pause, skip, seek, and even bring up the voice dialer. Has anybody had a similar problem, or do I need to visit Sprint? Any replies appreciated.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:17 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Weird problem, help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster17363 View Post
Whenever I have anything plugged into my headphones jack, whether it be a set of headphones or the AUX cable to my car radio, my phone starts to freak out. If I'm playing music it will randomly play, pause, skip, seek, and even bring up the voice dialer. Has anybody had a similar problem, or do I need to visit Sprint? Any replies appreciated.
You need to take that hot potato back quick...lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

blaster17363 is a n00b

Thanks for the reply... I rooted the phone you think they'll still take it?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:30 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thanks for the reply... I rooted the phone you think they'll still take it?
Well I dont work for Sprint so I can speak for them but I hacked every one of my 20 TP2s and they never said anything...lol you should be ok the worst thing they will do is not take it and then you can fix it later. I would just turn it in like that though they are going to look at it not even open it and order you a new one...lol good luck and let me know if I can help with anything else.

CW
Old 06-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

blaster17363 is a n00b

Thanks, you've been a great help I'll take the phone whenever I can and see what they tell me.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:34 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Thanks, you've been a great help I'll take the phone whenever I can and see what they tell me.
No problem, let me know how everything turns out.

CW

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
headphone, jack, problem